12" long?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have seen a few of these and think they're bristle worms. However this one is 12" and my Zoas have been disappearing...fireworm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sump it is...when I get one.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haha...it stretches the width of my tank but never found the end. Guess I'm going fishing!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The head doesn't have those appendages coming out of it. Thought it might b but got a good look at head lat migt

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
EW!! That makes me want to tear my tank down right now. Or hire someone ELSE to do it.

Thanks, Chad, for the nightmares I'm gonna have tonight. Good lord that thing is awful.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;297155 said:
EW!! That makes me want to tear my tank down right now. Or hire someone ELSE to do it.

Thanks, Chad, for the nightmares I'm gonna have tonight. Good lord that thing is awful.
Lol...I have seen one that got in the PVC frame for live rock and lived for 6 years before it got stuck in the 1/2" pipe from being too big.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;297156 said:
Lol...I have seen one that got in the PVC frame for live rock and lived for 6 years before it got stuck in the 1/2" pipe from being too big.

oh that's just great. wonderful. Ew.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Definately not a bobbit/eunice worm. Just a big bristle. I have them in my tank that size. They are good detritus eaters. Your zoa's are likely dying/melting on their own or something else eating them. Anything more than $15/pp in my tank seems to melt.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Its a bristle worm and ya they can get quite large. Flush it if you can catch it or get something that can eat it, but really shouldnt be to much trouble as they are great scavengers

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That just about made the wife throw up. I told her I was gonna get one and keep it in the bathtub. She failed to see the humor.

That would sure keep your water bill low though.

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
i have a bunch of 12"+ bristle worms I do net them up when i can i figure there is nothing else in the tank to control them when they get that size so i may as well be the apex predator

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;297108 said:
I don't know what it is but that big?! BURN IT! BURN IT WITH FIRE!!

My opinion is the same :p but yes bristle worms are a good cleaner. I personally get rid of them though due to the slim chance of accidentally touching one.