120 watt led group buy

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
so i notice some people were looking into purchasing some more of the 120 watt led panels and i am going to be able to keep my tank!!!!!! so i was thinking instead of a DIY led just buying a couple of the units and save me some hassle.

so if anyone is interested i have spoken to a wholesaler on Aliexpress and they are willing to give us a group buy if we purchase 8 or more units the total cost per unit after shipping would be $183.9 i am waiting to find out if we could order multiple color combinations for those who want 2:1 or 1:1 ratios on blues and whites. these units would come with 2 power cords.

here is a link to the light there price is $151 but that does not include shipping the wholesaler said they could do a discount on the shipping cost of $32.9 for each unit.
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/325942749-120W-LED-Aquarium-Light-wholesalers.html

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
i can give you the info for my guy too is you want. They were like 173 with shipping for 4 but was 178 for 1 so it goes down a tad per extra unit. I got everyone 2 cord except mine I stayed with one cord. They offer the same options. Only thing is they only do bank transfers for payments. My bank charged 50, my roomies charges 18. Depends on who you use but I am satisfied with the product. They don't have that warm up time like that first one you got either.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
what banks do you and your roommate use.

aliexpress is using Escrow which holds the funds until you receive the product and you confirm that there are not issues with your order so that is a great protection with sending that much money overseas.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's $165 shipped on ebay for the ones I was looking at on aliexpress. Ad says they are customizable and they have to take paypal. That's why I gave up on the group buy I was trying. That and they raised their price to higher than ebays listing for 20 fixtures. It's only $170 shipped from locations in CA and FL that already imported them.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
yea i noticed those also but they say the are 3 watt leds then as you read the product description it states that they are 2 watt leds so i was trying to avoid that seller.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
dvenson;104893 said:
also these units have 119 leds the last ones i had i believe only had 112.
nah these are 119 LEDs also. 17 rows with 7 lights
I use bank of cherry creek, he uses wells fargo.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Most of the posts on aliexpress have similar errors. Chinese are bad at english, but we don't even know chinese, so what are you going to do? I will put it on a kill-a-watt when it gets here and check.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had to save up some more cash so probably wont be ordering until the end of the month. From $210 to $330, not that that is a lot, but the reef budget is extra tight these days:) I would have sold it all if I could have sold all my colonies. Now I am just trying to minimize power usage, heat and maintenance.