1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

175g Bow-Front + many beers and tears (many pics)

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by scmountain, Feb 22, 2019.

1. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Now you need like 20 clowns to host all those

MuralReef likes this.
  2. scmountain

scmountain Amphipod

how many clowns do you think I can get away with? I dont want to create a death harem, but I love me some clowns

3. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I’m going to add hopefully about 20 to the 180 I just set up in the office.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

4. scmountain

scmountain Amphipod

I already have a pair established in there so maybe if I added some smaller clowns, she wont murder them all

5. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Just get the smallest ones you can and you should be fine.

scmountain likes this.
  6. scmountain

scmountain Amphipod

My wife will hate this haha
    I LOVE clown-fish in the aquarium, gotta get rid of the a$$hole Atlantic blue first

7. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

If you can catch him I can’t imagine he’s bigger than the tangs I have in the 450.

8. scmountain

scmountain Amphipod

again back to the "I glued all my rocks together" problem. in hindsight this has proven to be a less than ideal decision haha

9. MuralReef

Man your thread makes me actually laugh out loud!

10. scmountain

scmountain Amphipod

@halmus mentioned using a high power laser for nem removal, Jacob you have any recommendations? and has anyone else used this?

11. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

For Aiptasia removal?

12. halmus

halmus Sardine Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

I followed a link for aptasia removal laser from melevesreef. That link went away from amazon. It’s a cheapo Chinese unit. I ended up wiring up a permanent power supply to it bypassing the batteries.

I used this for blasting aptasia which worked at eliminating a specific aptasia but only caused them to proliferate. Bergia worked far better at dealing with the aptasia issue.

I’m sure the laser would work at cooking other nuisance critters. I feel a little guilty cooking other anemones but the laser is a good way to annoy other undesirables if nothing else. Maybe force them to give up their grip and let go long enough to relocate?

It will be hard to provide a good link to the laser since they’re constantly being taken down. I can look for mine if you want to borrow it.

13. Etoimos

Etoimos Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

I think this is the first in wall bowfront that I have seen and it turned out really nice. Do you have any more pics of the whole wall with both the room and tank lights on?

14. scmountain

scmountain Amphipod

Thank you very much! I spent many months scouring the web for photos to get ideas, I personally don't like the look of "hoods" on tanks, yet with "in-walls" I feel like one loses perception and depth.

I will have to see if I have any zoomed out room photos, we currently have the side panels off as I am trying to redo them. Alas I am waiting on management to make a decision about what "look" she wants...
    I can grab you some pics to help your quest

15. Etoimos

Etoimos Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

I'm looking forward to seeing them.

16. scmountain

scmountain Amphipod

Woke up Saturday to a call from a buddy with a "fishmergency" as his tank was leaking!!!
    He patched it the seam with coral glue/putty until we could get what we could into buckets.

WHY DONT FISH UNDERSTAND WE ARE TRYING TO HELP AND GET IN THE F@#^% CUP/NET!!! :mad::mad::mad:

The OG 36g tank was a craigslist find so not too shocked they eventually burst (Also what a perfect time to upgrade haha)

Tanks are in short supply right now with people spending more time inside so he finally found a tank he liked, and I helped him build his first stand.

This is what I walked into... (notice glob of coral putty on middle right hand seam)
    [​IMG]

Here is his new 65g tank and stand! (he wants to finish it with tile or rock)
    Hopefully he makes a build thread here soon...

[​IMG]

SynDen and Haddonisreef like this.
  17. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Your buddy is lucky to have a fish friend like you! Great save.

18. scmountain

scmountain Amphipod

I am the one who pressured him into the hobby so I have a slight obligation haha

TheRealChrisBrown and SynDen like this.