1st event for angels of the fallen

static reef

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
This is to the link at scmas for the first annual silent auction/meeting held in the springs. Angels of the fallen is for the children of fallen soldiers and the other local heroes. The goal is explained in the link and I hope we get to see everyone there. I have already spoke to your bod and have gotten permission to post with our sister club to accomplish our goal of raising as much money as possible for this nonprofit organization. I know that it is a commute but this is a great cause with a chance to score some very cool reef related items. Please feel free to pm me with any questions
Thanks
Jj

http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13942

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

joeMASC

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here are some links to the web page and Facebook Page for Angels of America's Fallen. There are over 16,000 children of our fallen since 9-11-2001. Their average age at the time of loss is just seven years old.
[h=3]"Our Mission[/h] To help children of our fallen military and first responders develop into strong and successful adults by providing them positive mentoring and developmental activities when they are at their most crucial developmental phase of life. [h=3]Our Vision[/h] To walk alongside the children of our fallen when they need it most, while they are developing, regardless of the cause of their parent's death. Many children fail to qualify for benefits, and fall through the cracks because of their parent's cause of death or unit of assignment. Each child suffers regardless if mom or dad died in a combat zone, training accident, on the job illness, or from suicide as a result of the stress of their jobs. From the child's perspective, the impact is the same, mom or dad is no longer there. No one can ever replace their lost parent, but we can be there for them."

We proactively encourage the children to participate in positive activities they choose (soccer, piano, football, karate, guitar, etc.) where they can improve their self confidence, stay out of trouble, and have a coach or instructor to help mentor them. We cover the cost of the activities. We are supporting children in 16 states. Our goal is to support them all.

We plan to have plenty of great things to win in the raffle. Come on down!

What we have so far;

Raffle Items:
1) Locket with saltwater theme from Murfman
1) Coupon for a haircut, color, and style from Amber at OASIS salon in falcon
4) Entertainment coupon books
1) custom canopy build or stand refinish to the auction from Static Reef
4) each $25.00 gift certificates from Reefs2Go
Air water and ice DI resin packages
Seachem products
Bob Smith Enterprises fragging products
2) $10 gift certificates to Bambinos Italian Eatery
3) Tropical Fish Hobbyist Magazine certificates for digital subscriptions
1) Vivid Aquariums Coral Frag
2 Coral Xpressions $30 gift certificates
1) Full Car/truck detail from Blue71
Brightwell Aquatics is donating products
1) Ecotech Marine is donating an MP10ES Vortech Pump*
12 Seachem Nutridiet Marine flake food containers.
2 pairs of two part Seachem Reef Fusion Calcium and Alkalinity bottles.
2 Aquavitro Calcification bottles
2 Aquavitro Ions bottles
2 Aquavitro Alpha bottles
2 Aquavitro Vibrance bottles
2 Aquavitro 8.4 bottles
1 Aquavitro Fuel bottle

only 32 people have RSVPd for this event.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Bump for another great event and cause! Look forward to seeing everyone there!!!