Drooling over the Nero from AI

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member

I love the small form factor and the app is just so much better than dealing with the Ecotech block. The fact you can change modes and set them at certain times is very sexy to me and all done on the phone...

I may have some MP40s FS soon...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I saw those today too! Really nice form factor. They push how much water? I think they will be great for small to medium tanks or for people who want to use a few on larger tanks. The AI app is really nice overall too!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I saw those today too! Really nice form factor. They push how much water? I think they will be great for small to medium tanks or for people who want to use a few on larger tanks. The AI app is really nice overall too!
this does a max of 3000 GPH so just a little less than the MP40 at 4000gph. But this has a wider stream supposedly making it more like a gyre? I want to see it in action. Seems like BRS does the best research videos. Hopefully we don't have to wait long for them or hobbyists to do a review. The app is nice, I use it for my lights now and it's perfect. I would never dream of controlling it through another controller.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
this does a max of 3000 GPH so just a little less than the MP40 at 4000gph. But this has a wider stream supposedly making it more like a gyre? I want to see it in action. Seems like BRS does the best research videos. Hopefully we don't have to wait long for them or hobbyists to do a review. The app is nice, I use it for my lights now and it's perfect. I would never dream of controlling it through another controller.
I wouldn't say any controller. I'm sure that's next up soon for IOTA support from Neptune since they already have Hydra support over network.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh I'm just saying with an app this good why bother with a controller at all. Sorry I wasn't clear.
Sequencing. Why press multiple buttons to do something when you can do one? With a controller, you could slow the pumps to a slow crawl, shut off the return and skimmer, then turn on return and pumps but wait 5 extra minutes before skimmer comes back on all with one button press. Or have 1 button maintenance modes or special modes for coral acclimation or feeding.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sequencing. Why press multiple buttons to do something when you can do one? With a controller, you could slow the pumps to a slow crawl, shut off the return and skimmer, then turn on return and pumps but wait 5 extra minutes before skimmer comes back on all with one button press. Or have 1 button maintenance modes or special modes for coral acclimation or feeding.

Yeah but that can already be done on the app. The app I already use for my Hydra HD lights. And I currently do not run an Apex. I'm on the fence with the EL atm but still leaning toward GHL for the reliability and better customer service. If I get an Apex then it might be beneficial. The only 2 things this app doesn't do that I lost from the AI director are the cloud effects are now just absent from AI as well as the rolling sun rise/sunset where they would roll through all the lights from left to right. You still get lightning but no rolling cloud coverage and sunrise effects and I liked that before. That's basically the only reason I could see ever using an Apex to control the lights. If not I would be using the AI app anyway. It's a convenient and quick app. Feeding mode is on the app too for the pumps.