1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

2017 Seductions growout contest

Discussion in 'MASC Run Contests' started by scchase, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Irishman

Irishman Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Well unfortunately my grow out didn't make it. I moved it to various light and flows of the tank and it didn't like any of it.

Attached Files:

2. Robbiekrause33

Robbiekrause33 Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Sadly I think I’m in the same boat as you on this one I’m really struggling! Sorry you love yours!

3. scchase

scchase Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Anyone who has one that doesn't make it will be assured to get a frag for the contest just not eligible for the prizes.

Legonch likes this.
  4. Legonch

Legonch Emerald Reef Supply M.A.S.C Club Member Featured Sponsor

Mine melted and died.......never did open, guess it didnt like me.......bummer. Im out

5. Irishman

Irishman Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

It was really weird. Love my tank the first couple of days then went down hill. I didn’t do anything to change the parameters either.

6. Robbiekrause33

Mine did the same it was happy and wide open then closed up and shrunk to almost nothing now. Crazy creatures that’s for sure

7. neil82

neil82 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

My polyp melted. Didn't ever open up in my tank. First tried frag rack. Then moved down to sand bed. In hindsight, it probably would have made more sense to start in sand bed.

8. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

My seduction is open, but my BBEB's almost instantly melted. They never opened more than a tiny bit, then closed up ever since :(

9. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

I still have my polyp but hasnt been open in a few days :(

10. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

1/5/18, the original full polyp plus one new polyp.

_DSC0706.JPG _DSC0695.JPG

neil82 likes this.
  11. Jadkins4

Jadkins4 Amphipod

12. Robbiekrause33

Started out great happy and wide open and now every so often I will see a little bit of color from him 94FC87DF-3A15-4D87-9C14-9A7F04247073.png

13. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Okay I’ve got 2 1/2 polyps almost three!

Attached Files:

14. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Well I'm out, I picked up my frag this weekend to do maintenance stuff, and the polyp just floated right off the frag. It hadnt opened in quite a while, so kind of surprised I had the polyp that long in the first place lol

15. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

I'm not in the contest but I wanted to say I did notice these are particularly sensitive to alk swings for some of you who are having trouble keeping them.

16. TheRealChrisBrown

2/8/18 - I'm up to 4 full polyps (one closed in photos)

100_0027.JPG 100_0030.JPG

Legonch likes this.
  17. Jadkins4

Jadkins4 Amphipod

Well done gentlemen! You guys got them growing like weeds.
    My frag is still at a single poly. Having to reglue it twice with just the flesh of the zoa to the plug has made it difficult to settle and grow. But it is starting to color up which is a plus!
    [​IMG]IMG_3744[/url] by Jordan Adkins, on Flickr[/IMG] [​IMG]IMG_3744[/url] by Jordan Adkins, on Flickr[/IMG]

18. JuanGutz

Had a little alk swing so they’ve been pissed off but at least opening up for the most part. Can barely see but have five heads

Attached Files:

19. TheRealChrisBrown

3/7/18 - 6 heads

100_0031.JPG

100_0032.JPG

SynDen and Legonch like this.
  20. JuanGutz

Still at 5 PO’d heads

Attached Files: