1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

2017 Seductions growout contest

Discussion in 'MASC Run Contests' started by scchase, Nov 19, 2017.

1. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca M.A.S.C Club Member ex-officio

Shocked so many casualties with these. Seductions usually are pretty tough.

Is it just Juan and Chris left?

2. Jadkins4

Jadkins4 Amphipod

Im still in, only 1P, maybe a baby or two starting. Sorry for the late submissions, March has been flying by and was out of town all weekend.
    [​IMG]IMG_3827 by Jordan Adkins, on Flickr

3. flagg37

flagg37 Copepod

I wonder if some of the people that thought they melted actually just got blown off the plug. It sounded like several people noticed their’s not being glued on very well. I know I’ve had my share of zoas that I thought melted only to show up on the back side of a different rock. Maybe in another 6-12 months they’ll be doing some maintenance and find a little treasure trove of them.

4. Robbiekrause33

Robbiekrause33 Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Mine ended up coming around and has 3 heads but I figured it was a goner and pulled myself out.

5. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

4/6/18 - Update - 7 heads

100_0039.JPG

100_0041.JPG

SynDen likes this.
  6. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

At 5 :/ finally getting their color back from one alk swing

Attached Files:

7. Jadkins4

Jadkins4 Amphipod

Nice work Chris & Juan! I am holding down the back end with 2p lol[​IMG]IMG_3924[/url] by Jordan Adkins, on Flickr[/IMG]

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  8. Jadkins4

Jadkins4 Amphipod

9. scchase

scchase Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Remember to submit your final photo this Sat April 21st, good job to everyone that got them to grow, at this point it looks like TheRealChrisBrown is in the lead. I have 2 frags that I have been growing out of this coral as well that can be fragged for those who lost theirs. My biggest is up to 7 as well

TheRealChrisBrown and SynDen like this.
  10. TheRealChrisBrown

4/21 - final pics. I count 7 full heads.

100_0048.JPG 100_0047.JPG 100_0049.JPG 100_0050.JPG

JuanGutz and SynDen like this.
  11. JuanGutz

Five polyps

Attached Files:

12. scchase

scchase Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Congrats to our winner TheRealChrisBrown

SkyShark and TheRealChrisBrown like this.
  13. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

14. TheRealChrisBrown

Thanks guys! I was sweating out the last week wondering if @JuanGutz was going to catch me as mine appeared to be sort of stagnant!

15. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

Congrats!

16. JuanGutz

Congrats @TheRealChrisBrown! I was hoping I would pop a few out honestly but guess they are still a little upset with me. They started off strong though.