40B take 2 and 3

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello everyone! It has been a while since I posted last so I thought it was time for some updates. In May 2016, in a rush, I moved to a new house, brought my tank and I made a big time rookie mistake and didn't replace my sand. Well, my tank crashed. I desperately got a frag tank and got it set up. I was able to save a lot of items, but lost a ton of coral and some fish. I was so bummed but I restarted the 40 with new rock and sand, a new aquascape, etc. Things had been recovering slowly and then in about October, I was thinking, wow, my tank is really coming back together, it is time to start adding some nice corals. I decided to wait until I got back from Thanksgiving vacation to get anything of value. Good thing I did! while I was away, I had my roommate looking after my tank. He was just to go by and feed every other day, make sure everything was on and top off ATO's. At some point towards the end of my vacation, I get a call from him telling me the power to the tank was off and it smelled bad. Turns out the breaker tripped due to the T5 light overheating. I believe it got wet during feeding. Either way, the tank was off for at least a day and the temp of the tank when it turned on was 57. I figured the tank was going to be a total loss. Some stuff survived, all the fish, the lps mostly, and a couple of sps. At this point I thought to myself that I should just throw in the towel and sell off my stuff. After thinking it over, I decided that I love this hobby too much to give up on it. So, I motivated myself to get the tank back up and start filling it with some nice corals. I do also have a 60g frag tank and a 17g tank with random corals, mostly zoas and other lps.

Here is a list of the current corals in the 40b

Blueberry Diesel
JF Fox Flame (barely hung on during the crashes, but it is alive)
Cali Tort
WWC Ding Dang
Candlelight
RR Pretty in Pink
RR Asia Orange Passion
ORA Joe the Coral (very small piece that survived the crashes)
ORA Birdsnest
PC Rainbow
Red Dragon
Chili Pepper Monti
Mystic Monti
Phoenix Monti
Yellow Scroll
Purple Stylo
Tyree Pot of Gold Favia
Hairy Lavender Mushroom
Blasto Merletti
Parascolioma
Bleeding Apple Scoly
A brain
bowerbanki
A few acans
GSP (on back glass)
Diaseris Fragilis (also recovering slowly)

I have a few frags getting shipped to me in a couple of weeks too including Walt Disney, TCK Pikachu, and WWC wtf

Here is the current list of fish in the 40b

ORA B&W Clown (about 6 years old)
Tricolor Lubbocks Wrasse
Midas Blenny
Mandarin

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I probably need to stop going on vacation because stuff happens when I do. Not too bad this trip but I did lose my rr pretty in pink due to the glue failing. The frag got knocked off the rock and landed in my Acans. Anyone have luck with any type of glue? I haven't had luck with the glue from aquamart or ecotech