55g Cube, Vol. II

Managed to get my equipment down here to Denver in one piece. I sadly lost all my coral and fish on the way down, as I should have known not to embark on that hairbrain idea. Probably lost a few thousand in livestock, which has been quite the bummer, but I did have aptasia and trace amounts of bryopsis, so hopefully I can keep this one pest free starting from the ground up. Tank was previously running for about a year when I had to take it down for the move.

Just finished redoing all on the plumbing. Constructed the electronic panel last weekend out of some scrap wood I brought with me. I plan to introduce a few pieces of new equipment down the road once everything is settled, but I am trying my best to get this bad boy cycling asap! I am currently making water, about 40 gallons to go!

0824171834 by Kyle Barber, on Flickr

0824171834a by Kyle Barber, on Flickr

0824171834b by Kyle Barber, on Flickr

5014 by Kyle Barber, on Flickr

0729161457 (1) by Kyle Barber, on Flickr

And one from the old setup before I took her down!

0929161613a by Kyle Barber, on Flickr

Looks great. Know youre busy getting yourself up and running but do you think you could build me a stand the same exact dimemsions? Id pay for the materials obviously and your time. It doesnt need fancy trim. Just needs to be stable. Good luck on your project

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

timnem70;n676146 said:
Looks great. Know youre busy getting yourself up and running but do you think you could build me a stand the same exact dimemsions? Id pay for the materials obviously and your time. It doesnt need fancy trim. Just needs to be stable. Good luck on your project

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I would be happy too, except I used a family members tools for it. I would need a tablesaw, chop saw, pinner, routing table, and a palm sander. Maybe some others. I am no woodworking expert and I will say the price adds up. I built this one with maple trim, and after the glass doors it cost me around $600. Have you considered a steel frame with wood finish?

Was able to get most of the system up and running over the last couple weeks! Just finished cycling last week and put in a black clown and longnose hawkfish.

Let the stocking begin!

Here is a few pictures now that she is full of water.