60 shallow reef

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Packed everything in the car and made it to Loveland yesterday. Using a 55 gallon temporarily until I find a new display tank.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Week 2 of temporary setup:
Put in a better frag rack and got all corals off the bottom of tank and better placed, found nearly 30 frags:

Last edited by a moderator:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rjl45;642233 said:
I like your solution for the "in tank" refugium.
It works ok, wish I still had my 40b refuge under tank but it is what it is. My yellow tailed damsel keeps swimming thru and getting "stuck". The 6-line sleeps over there.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;642163 said:
Watch for a small cycle, have some salt water on hand! I'd do a small water chance every day for a week.
I've been dosing bactiv8 daily and so far no cycle. Will do a water change again though.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just picked up a 30b that has a hole drilled in bottom glass, planning on adding it as a frag tank once I find a display tank to use.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Finally got the basement remodel done. We will be here for at least 4 months.

Boys play area and office.

Kitchenette and dining area.

Living area and tank wall along far wall.
Two bedrooms and bathroom down hallway.
Planning on putting a 4' display tank with a 3' frag tank along the far wall (it's 9' long so it'll fit well).

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Looks great!

You're crazy! There's a 0% chance I'd set up a tank (and such big nice ones) if I knew we'd be moving in 4 months. You're a miracle man!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
JodiI;644070 said:
Looks great!

You're crazy! There's a 0% chance I'd set up a tank (and such big nice ones) if I knew we'd be moving in 4 months. You're a miracle man!
I ended up selling all my tanks but the 55 rodi which is my "temporary" tank setup. I know when we move the wife has already approved a largerish tank so this will work for a while.
Plus I love my halides and wanted to have them up again and can't do that with the current tank.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Picked up a 75 w/stand today, needs some TLC but was a great deal! Also picked up 3 Luminarc II fixtures and 3x400w ballasts (can run 250w).
Going to start working on the stand and tank tomorrow, planning on using the current stand with the 75 and then making a small stand to fit the 30b next to it.
Putting the 75 over a 20L sump that I have extra and plumbing on the 30b as a frag tank. Hoping to be done by next weekend (Keeping my 40b for a later expansion build).
Still planning on a bigger tank once our living situation is more permanent, hopefully August or thereabouts, planning on running 3x250 if I can get the ballasts changed over (2 on the 75 and 1 on the 30b).