LTB Marco Rock

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anybody have extra Marco Rock cement or know of an alternative that can be bought locally? I can't bring myself to spend $50 on a 5 gallon tub I will only use a gallon or so of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Where in town are ya, if you're not looking for much, I have some you can pick thru.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm in Broomfield. The Marco Rock I am talking about is the mix to bond rocks together. Got plenty of rock itself.

NickP

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I have a 5# batch left I would be willing to sell. Its not a 5 gallon tub either, it comes in basically a gallon bucket for 40, 50 or 60 for the 5, 10, or 15#

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ended up getting the equivalent of Marco Rock using a mixture of hydraulic cement and acrylic bond from home depot for like 15 bucks. The only difference is it isn't low alkali Portland and it's grey instead of white.

NickP

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Sorry I didn't respond in time. Saw your message really late and forgot to text you the next day. Marco cement comes out grey as well. Good luck with your build!!!

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry I didn't respond in time. Saw your message really late and forgot to text you the next day. Marco cement comes out grey as well. Good luck with your build!!!
Don't worry about it. Home depot formula worked really well.