AI Hydra 26HD ???

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does anyone have experience running 3 AI Hydra 26HD OR 2 52HD ON A 180 Reef tank? I am considering buying 3 26HD's to replace my MH money sucking lights... Thought about Kessils AP700's or radion XR30's but they are spendy!!!
Any input from using any one or all three of these let me know what you think. Thanks!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
You'll most likely need three or maybe 4 of the 52's on a 6foot tank. They are really cool but a lot of money to start. How speedy are you finding the halides? I run mine 4 hours a day, same as Gonzo, and replace bulbs every 24 months. I also supplement with t5 and blue led strips. The heat is welcomed in my tank as well, they save me money on my electric bill in the winter as the heaters do not need to run so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I run three radions and two three foot reef bright on a 180 not the pro model radions, want to add some t5 sup. Have a 30x30 cube w a radion pro and 2x24 t5 looks great.

aquarius

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I run 3 52hds on my 270 and 4 26hds on my 180. I replaced 3 250w mh fixtures over each and have no regrets, still have great color and growth. I've just started using radions and can't comment much on them but so far so good. The kessil ap700 is seriously overpriced and the three I use continually have issues, strongly recommend against these at least until the second gen is released. Overall kessils provide a lot of shimmer but I think they are better utilized as a supplemental light source. My heat issues went away and my electric bill dropped significantly as well, even at full power the 4 26hds only about half what the mh did, not to mention no bulb replacement costs.