AI schedule for sps

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ive been writing new light schedule's for my tanks all night. Got the 90 done what does sps seem to like between white, blue, royal blue?

Ex. White 60 blue 60 royal blue 60
Ex 2 white 60 blue 50 royal blue 50
Ex 3 white 60 blue 70 royal blue 70

So what I'm saying is does it matter if I put more blue's in than white? Do I want them equal or less royal than blue?

I'd like to hear from the ai guys out there. I'm peaking them at 60 now for 2 hrs but time to go up a little bit. Been slowly going up for 2 months now.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I always thought sps like more white light.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have tge ai blues and am running blues at 100 and whites at 95 blues actually get more par deeper in tge tank but tgere so close it's more about tge look you like.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea I'm doing the same thing Craiger. Just was seeing of it matters I put more of a blue into the tank than white.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm only peaking the sps tank at 70 on the whites and 80 on blues / royal blues. Everything is happy for now so I'll leave it alone.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Luke.Fraizer;190335 said:
I am thinking about getting this system for my tank soon. The MH are just too hot, could I get away with 2 of them or 3?
What size tank

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Depends on how close to tge water you mount them if you mount them 12"-15" from the water you could probably get away with two

Haddonisreef;188532 said:
You can and it will thts why you have to do it slow. Like Craig said 2% a week
i understand the 2% he also said up to 100% i was just asking if u could leave them up that high even doing it slowly

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
You _can_ get to 100%. I think what Charlie is saying is that you just have to take your time getting there, especially if you already have corals in the tank, as you don't want to bleach them. Also, I think some people will and some people won't crank it up to 100% merely for aesthetic purposes. Like, some people might want their royals at 85, whites at 98, and blues at 90 or something you know.

thanks for the #s 09bumblebee just put 4 on my 225 trying to figure out where to start them out i have no corals in that tank its not ready yet but its a starting point

hurrafreak;190769 said:
You _can_ get to 100%. I think what Charlie is saying is that you just have to take your time getting there, especially if you already have corals in the tank, as you don't want to bleach them. Also, I think some people will and some people won't crank it up to 100% merely for aesthetic purposes. Like, some people might want their royals at 85, whites at 98, and blues at 90 or something you know.
i gotcha thanks