Aiptasia ID

I don't see a foot, and it hasn't moved. But it looks like a teeny tiny version of what I've seen on the net.

Do you think a cauterizer will kill it?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I say yes its an aptasia. couple things you could do - take out the rock and burn it with a lighter, get a syringe and inject with boiling water, or kalk paste and I think even lemon juice.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
or pepermint shrimps i bought to for my 20l and they took out about 15-20 and some were pretty big. costed my 10buck for the two.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I find kalk paste works very well but its not 100% sometime they will come back. I use peppermint shrimp as well and I never see a single one any more.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Tank is still cycling though right? Not sure a shrimp would live through that.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
the problem is if you miss some or dont kill it completly you will end up making it release its troops in your tank. really the only sure way is to dry the rock out then id say kalk paste and pepermints tie for second. i would never try to cut them pull them or anything like that as they will just spread.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sinister;152768 said:
Yep. Still cycling. Why use paste when I can use fire or a cauterizer? ;-)
LOL becaue you dont have to take the rock out. From your pic how are we supposed to tell if its something that can be easily pulled out? Maybe its at the bottom of some rock work you really like and would prefer to not take it apart. If you can take it out and burn it just do that.

Gary Getdown;152780 said:
LOL becaue you dont have to take the rock out. From your pic how are we supposed to tell if its something that can be easily pulled out? Maybe its at the bottom of some rock work you really like and would prefer to not take it apart. If you can take it out and burn it just do that.
Cool thing about a battery operated cauterizer... They're hermetically sealed. They're designed to be covered in blood without shocking the user, and it's designed to heat up submerged in blood. So saltwater should be cake! :D I'll let you know if I get electrocuted.