Algae?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This has started to take over my frag racks and I noticed it on a few of my rocks. I've got really good circulation across the tank now and feed everyday what the fish can eat. Have been adding reef roids every week once a week. Brown algae...I know what the green is :)

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hard to tell. Either diatoms or cyano. Cut back your feedings just a tad or up your WC volume and it will go away real quick.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Algae?

zombie;364364 said:
Hard to tell. Either diatoms or cyano. Cut back your feedings just a tad or up your WC volume and it will go away real quick.
Water change...gotcha. I do maybe 30 gallons/month right now and it's a 60 w a 40 sump so I'll up that to twice a month then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a Dino / Diatom problem, cut back on lighting and see if that helps also are you running GFO reactor / carbon or anything? try and run a reactor and cut down on lighting for a few days and see if that helps!

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just had the same problem it looks exactly like mine and it's Dino just cut back on the lighting and I got it also when I would add marine snow to my tank I light my tank for about 5 hours to 6 a day and it's dying off now

Last edited by a moderator: