Another proud Reefer moment!

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

Wife noticed these today! She was beyond excited to show me. Now she wants to try and raise them. So does anyone have any empty clam shells or an idea on how to get them out when they multiply more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
It's hard to raise the fry when they lay the was on something like that. Best bet is to put a small clay pot or a tile like previously said. Then remove item all and raise the fry. Normally the first couple of time the eggs are not viable. It take them some practice.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Should I put the tile/pot next to where they're laying or wait to see if that's where they chose

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
I tried to put it next to my clown when they first started. They stayed in the pot until the anemone moved then I lost interest, maybe I'll try the tile idea because i cannot fit a pot in there anymore.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Put securely where they are spawning. Also when you move the eggs make sure to not let them be exposed to air and bring as much tank water with them. People have had difficulties when putting the eggs into fresh saltwater. I should note I have never done this, only read a lot about people's experiences. Scott is also correct that the few first batches may not hatch or will be eaten.