1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

anyone have or know a good source of angle iron?

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Projects' started by Ambrosio Aquatics, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Ambrosio Aquatics

Ambrosio Aquatics Tuna Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

hey mascketeers! im looking to make some automotive skates for moving cars around and need some angle iron. anyone have any or know a good source?

2. scchase

scchase Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I have an extra stick of 2"2" tube if you are interested

3. Ambrosio Aquatics

square tube? how long

4. flagg37

flagg37 Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

It typically comes in 20’ lengths from the manufacturer. How much do you need and what size?

5. scchase

scchase Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Square tube 20 ftish, also have some 20ft sticks of angle iron as well

6. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

In Greeley we have a great place called revelations steel. I don’t have any scrap at the moment. They might be worth the trip. They will cut for you if you want and have many sizes, shapes and lengths available. I’m sure the metro area has something too...

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

7. Ambrosio Aquatics

i need 16 10" sections so 1 20ft section should do the trick

8. scchase

I will let mine go for cheap (aka future fish really want a Moorish idol on the next order not that the steel would cover it all)