Anyone know what this is?

It only shows itself at night. I looked at majano and aptasia pictures and to me it doesn't really look like it but not too sure what to think of it

Yeah it's really transparent but I have about 3. It's interesting that after my tank running for about 3 years now that they are just now being seen. I'll look that up though. As long as it's not something bad then I am happy

Well it doesnt look much like the cup coral /: and it doesn't have a stem to it but it looks a little more like the hydroid . I'll look again once the lights are out

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks a little like strawberry anemones or Pseudocorynactis. If it is, they are for the most part harmless. They much prefer colder water, and less light, but have had them in my tanks before, mostly under rocks, and in shaded areas.

Last edited by a moderator:

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sophie1213;355624 said:
Ooh good to know. From what I'm reading it will sting fish and try to get whatever food it can. What would be the best removal method
Probably anything with an extreme ph should kill it. So aphasia x, lemon juice, kawlkwasser paste, citric acid. Or if you have any of the following at home: 3w laser or majano wand.