Apex help please. Zinnovate?

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Ok I have the jr which is running well it has a broken screen but still works.

I have aquited:

Neither one works. The display if I plug it into my jr will light up but nothing else.

The apex brain lights will come one but nothing happens on the display. I don't know what is wrong just asking for help in how to troubleshoot them to fix them.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
The amount of corrosion on the Ph and the PH/Orp connectors scares me. Has it ever fallen into the tank or the sump? My Apex "brain" is about 16 inches from my sump, has been there for 2 years and has zero corrosion like that. If it went for a swim it might be hosed.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
TheRealChrisBrown;657157 said:
The amount of corrosion on the Ph and the PH/Orp connectors scares me. Has it ever fallen into the tank or the sump? My Apex "brain" is about 16 inches from my sump, has been there for 2 years and has zero corrosion like that. If it went for a swim it might be hosed.
Thanks Chris for posting. I don't have the history but from the conversation I had with the previous owner was it was working then one night it wasn't. So I am assuming it wasn't in the water, that being said I'll open it up and see if there are any signs of water intrusion. I may can Neptune and see what they have to say.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sctip;657181 said:
Thanks Chris for posting. I don't have the history but from the conversation I had with the previous owner was it was working then one night it wasn't. So I am assuming it wasn't in the water, that being said I'll open it up and see if there are any signs of water intrusion. I may can Neptune and see what they have to say.

I'd give Neptune a call. They may be able to refurb it.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I'd try some light rubbing alcohol on the base unit connectors, and I would toss the display. You dont need the display to run an apex anyway, you only need that base unit connected to the internet

zinovate

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Agreed. I would see what apex will do for you. Odd to see the corrosion like chris was saying

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Thanks guys I'll be calling Neptune tomorrow to see what they say. I wonder if it will matter that I inherited it after it stopped working.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
I think it's safe to say this had some water I intrusion.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Clean up all the stains you see, sometimes you get lucky, I know I have.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Yikes, I would say its a goner