Apex Help

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I finally set up the Apex this weekend and have the basics running but I am having a few hiccups. When I initially started setup I had both EB8's plugged in, but it showed that I had 32 not 16 outlets. I think I have identified which are which and have removed the extras from Fusion, but I am worried that there is a conflict between what I have programmed and what the Apex think exists. For some reason my halides flicked off and then back on at 9 at the time of the default program. How do I delete the extra outlets not just hide them?

Question 2:
I have an autofeeder that only needs to come on once or twice a day for a minute or two at a time. How do I program this?

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If I remember correctly you will have to go to thto classic dashboard and module page and delete the extra eb8

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
^this mostly.

Go to the module setup page and delete the ghost EB8s. Then find the outlets that are associated to that EB8 aquabus address and delete those on the same page or repurpose them into virtual outlets (preferred method).

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Apex Help

Would this work to turn on my autofeeder twice a day?

OSC 000:00/000:30/000:30 Then ON
If Time 08:58 to 09:00 Then ON
If Time 09:02 to 13:00 Then OFF
If Time 13:02 to 13:04 Then ON
If Time 13:06 to 08:56 Then OFF

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you only want one rotation, you can actually just do this.

Set OFF
If Time 9:00 to 9:01 Then ON
If Time 13:00 to 13:01 Then ON

If you want 2 rotations

If Time 09:02 to 12:59 Then OFF
If Time 13:02 to 08:59 Then OFF

If you want 3 rotations
If Time 09:03 to 12:59 Then OFF
If Time 13:03 to 08:59 Then OFF

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I don't have an Apex feeder so it's preset to feed. I just need it to turn on and off.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
This makes no sense to me. My halides are connected to outlet 1 and my feeder is connected to outlet 8. When my feeder is set to come on in the morning and afternoon my lights turn off. There is no spike in the amperage actually the opposite at both of those times there is a dip in the amps according to the graph. So why would one outlet go off when another is supposed to come on?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Post the halide code. Chances are you may have gotten a bad EB, but I want to eliminate user error before you have to set up a diagnostic session and/or RMA with support.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Definately something up with your software or hardware. Contact support.