APRIL Meeting - ITS FINALLY DBTC TIME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ok everyone the next meeting is going to be DBTC SWAP and will be hosted by our fellow reefer, Scott Chase (aka Scchase) at his brand spanking new home with a killer insane system. He is in the works of putting together another BIG HUGE AMAZING 1000+ gallon system so we are anxious to see that and hope it will be up and running if not close when we get there.

Details:
Date: April 25th, 2015
Time: 2pm Sharp - check in starts @ 1pm
Place: click HERE for a map and address 106 S. Newbern Ct Aurora, CO - if map doesn't work please PM scchase or a member of the BOD for directions and or address - its in Aurora just SE of E470 and I-70

This meeting will count towards membership for those looking to become a badge member, just make sure you sign the sign in sheet or we wont acknowledge you were there :p Again this will be a DBTC Swap; meaning bring a coral to swap/trade, leave with a different one. For those that don't have any corals to trade at the moment, please still plan to attend as the past few times we have had dozens and dozens of coral left over that went up for grabs in the normal DBTC style.

So stay tuned we may do some pre-registering to help it flow a little better and save some time and we will also list a time as it gets closer ...and we hope to see you all there and make this another epic event!!!!!! ....Just to give you an idea I think we had 300+ corals last time at the Fluid DBTC Swap so you won't want to miss this one!!!!!!

HERE is the link for the Rules and Regulations on the DBTC program http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums...n-Introduction for those that are new to the community or new to the DBTC Frag Swap.

There will be the same 3 SECTIONS as our normal DBTC program and we will have an elected decision maker on what corals fall where. The three levels we will have are as follows and I have included a brief description of each type so you can get a better idea of where your corals will fall.

Beginner: This category contains fairly common corals (non rare zoas, xenia, Kenya trees, etc.) These corals are ideal for members new to the hobby, as they grow well in newer systems or low light systems.

Standard: This category contains the majority of corals in the program, including SPS, LPS, etc. Members propagating this category of coral have a system capable of handling the coral they are asking for (i.e. established system of 4 months +, and satisfying lighting/water requirements for these corals).

Extreme: This category contains rare or normally very expensive corals (for example, bubblegum watermelon chalice). Members propagating this level of DBTC coral have a system capable of handling any coral they are asking for (i.e. established aquarium with lighting/water parameters suitable for these challenging specimens).

Check-in will start at 1pm .....there will be a cut-off time like last the last meeting it will probably be around 1:45-2pm (final cut-off time to be determined before) after the cut-off you will NOT be able to register any more corals so try to be there by 1:45 pm at the absolute latest please!!!!!!!

Frag Entry Process: Ideally each DBTC contributed to the swap, would look like this for all potential coral check in scenarios we might potentially use:

1. Each Frag in Separate Pee Cup
  2. Pee Cup Top labeled on top with both frag name/type and username (either directly on cap or a label of some type of label placed on the cap)
  3. Hand written or printed list of all coral frags you are entering into the swap (hopefully this matches the corals you check in)

* If the coral name/type is unknown - don't worry we can help ID when you check, you can also post a clear picture under normal lighting (not all blue) here, and we may be able to identify before hand.
** If using zip lock bags for transportation, please use quality locking bags and plan to place a label on the bag for coral name/type

There will not be extra bags or pee cups there or time to re-bag them ...and nobody wants to take a coral home in their pocket :)

THERE SHOULD BE ENOUGH CORALS FOR ALL ....so even if you don't have anything to bring chances are that you will still go home with at least one!

and last but not least don't forget your COOLERS!!!

Stay Tuned for More Details and Updates as they come in!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Some of the details aren't showing up for me in tapatalk, but it is all on the web page. The meeting is April 25th.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lawdogg28;343493 said:
Sounds great. I am a coral noob, so I will be looking forward to gleaning some info off you guys. Is there a March meeting at all?
There is a March meeting, It should be announced in the next day or so. DBTC's are fun, worth the drive!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Yep yep Dane is right! The March meeting will be at Mind Blowing Corals at the end of the month. Look for full details in next day or two.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Started to make some frags for this, now is a good time to cut them so they are healed up before the meeting so far I have:
Jason Fox Mr Yuck
Fruit Loops

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya good idea, think I will have to cut a few this weekend too. Although I really dont need anything for my tank so I may just donate a few corals

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Yep yep I've already been cutting too. Need a dang saw for a few of the chalices and an acan (orange crush -scchase) I need to re-DBTC.

mccorvic

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was a beginner last year and the DBTC meeting was my first. I didn't have anything to bring but was allowed to grab a few zoa frags to get me started. I plan on being at this meeting with frags of those same zoas :)

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
YA, I dont need any more corals for my current tank, but I will be bringing at least 3-4 frags that I will put in as a donation for any that dont have some of their own

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;345390 said:
Yep yep I've already been cutting too. Need a dang saw for a few of the chalices and an acan (orange crush -scchase) I need to re-DBTC.
Want me to bring my saw down this weekend and we can chop some stuff up after the meeting?

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
This will be my first DBTC meeting and I was wondering how many frags do individual people bring?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
BrianH;345658 said:
This will be my first DBTC meeting and I was wondering how many frags do individual people bring?
Every frag you bring gives you a raffle ticket for that category. It really depends on what you have and what you want to try and get. some people only bring a couple and others bring like 10-20.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
sethsolomon;345655 said:
Want me to bring my saw down this weekend and we can chop some stuff up after the meeting?
Actually thats a good idea!!! I dont think you need to bring your saw though as I believe Allyson and Colin have one I can prob cut a few things on for a small fee :p

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
zombie;345661 said:
Every frag you bring gives you a raffle ticket for that category. It really depends on what you have and what you want to try and get. some people only bring a couple and others bring like 10-20.
Thanks, This sounds like its going to be a lot of fun!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
TeenReefer;345670 said:
does anyone no where i can get some cheap containers that are good for bringing individual frags?
Zip lock bags will be fine. What I would plan to do is a 1 gallon water change, saving the old water for filling zip locks with frags in it. Because remember everytime you pull straight water out of your tank and you are replacing the missing volume with just RO water you are lowering your salinity.

That or call up Gonzo, The Fish Crew or Great White Aquatics and see if they have any pee cups you can buy :p

NightHawk

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;345671 said:
Zip lock bags will be fine. What I would plan to do is a 1 gallon water change, saving the old water for filling zip locks with frags in it. Because remember everytime you pull straight water out of your tank and you are replacing the missing volume with just RO water you are lowering your salinity.

That or call up Gonzo, The Fish Crew or Great White Aquatics and see if they have any pee cups you can buy :p
Alright Thanks! I think im going to get some pee cups just to reduce the chance of leaks.