aquariumguy48

AllysonP

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
i have never meet this person and was wondering if any of you have done business with him? I started talking to him through email about doing a trade for my 28g for his xbox. then a few days went by and he won a coral in my live sale. to make this short. he has stood me up about 8 times. i understand life happens and have been really patient with him. i just wanted to give everyone a heads up about my experience. buyer beware.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tried to GIVE AWAY three DBTCs and Aquariumguy48 flaked out every time. 3 strikes and you're out. Never again.

When someone posts/gives something for free, show up when you say.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sadly I have long text message threads with him where he has flaked out every time. No call no shows get nothing from me.

Sorry for the trouble but I don't do well with people flaking out. I understand life happens but two DBTCs were for green frogspawn, one was for the most recent galaxia. No call no show every time.

NightHawk

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
AllysonP;351119 said:
When I dealt with him it was mostly in email. Either way there is no excuse for standing people up, backing out of deals, and not following live sale rules. He is not allowed to participate in my live sales any more
Speaking of live sales... Whens the next one? :)

Ok Ayaws you flaked on me I asked multiple times to meet up with me and you kept saying that you would but never did. So I don't know where that is coming from.
Allison I totally understand that I backed out from meeting you. i would be mad about that because it was legit I placed a bid and backed out. My tank crashed during that time and I was freaking out trying to get it back up. I have met multiple people on here and have had solid deals with.

AllysonP

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had to do a big tank move today sorry Im going to try to Tuesday when I get off at five my apologies

Im running late ill have to do tomorrow if thats ok

I got stuck at work im definitely buying that jack o lantern I won can I sat

I had a tire blowout on the highway im trying to get new tires tomorrow and come meet you right after It really messed up my car

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]i understand life happens, but every time you stood me up you had excuses like these. ( 9 to be exact) i personally am not going to bicker back and forth or make this a bigger deal. i just want you to be aware peoples time is valuable and being honest and upfront gets you a lot farther. you backed out of a coral in my live sale, so unfortunately you wont be able to participate in further live sales of mine. i have been approached by many others saying they had bad experiences or you stood them up. we are more like a family in this community and would like to it to stay that way. so please in the future hold up to your end of the deal or dont make promises you cant keep. we want everyone to participate in this community and we want this hobby to continue to grow. [/FONT]

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wanted to buy my cracked 90 gallon:
Flaked out: "No I had to go to the store for my girlfriend"
Flaked out: "No I had to watch a movie with the girlfriend"
Flaked out: "Hey sorry its been a while I got really busy with work lately"
At that point I was like F-it and sold it to the first person who showed up at my door. I hate CraigsList shenanigans.

DBTC Galaxia:
Flaked out: "Any chance you can meet me off federal. I thought you were closer"
Flaked out: "Ok Can I come get it tomorrow around 4" I text back at 17:35 "Change your mind?" Get a response "I am almost off of work Is there any chance you can meet me when you get off I have a piece of Hollywood stunner I can give you if you want it." I text back: "Most days I work from home. Tonight I am just here with my family (Wife/son/daughter)Let’s catch up this weekend -- it’s pretty tough for me to get out on the week nights with my kiddos. Thanks for the offer though! I can meet you this weekend for sure"

At this point I let if go -- thinking if he wants it, he'll hit me up. No call no show and a response after I posted on this thread with my disdain. At this point AG48 is iPhone blocked and is on my list of 'never again' members which includes exactly one line. Interestingly enough another member contacted me privately and relayed their negative story re: AG48. I told them to go to the board/mods (CRW Reef.)

Don't get me wrong, I have a chronic case of the want-ies and end up switching out things I want to replace as DBTCs. I love helping out people but when I am giving something away, I expect people to show up somewhat near the time they specify and not expect me to haul it across town. I understand life happens and actually recently flaked on DyM (but showed up 90 minutes late after a text from Dave.) Sorry about that Dave! A cranky newborn and an overzealous and over-sugared toddler will do that to you! ;)

I'm done with this thread since it has spun way out of control. I hope everyone has a fantastic Wednesday!

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fantastic! By the way, that clam I got from you at ReefEd is looking great! I still haven't quite figured out what it is but I don't think it's a maxima. Could be a crocea. But it's settled in and is looking great and soaking up the metal halide sun!

AllysonP

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
ayaws;351234 said:
Fantastic! By the way, that clam I got from you at ReefEd is looking great! I still haven't quite figured out what it is but I don't think it's a maxima. Could be a crocea. But it's settled in and is looking great and soaking up the metal halide sun!

Great to hear

NightHawk

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ayaws;351234 said:
Ah the clam that shot water all over people, i like that clam he has a great personality.

Ayaws You said you could meet me man I did not flake out on you man. you specifically said you could meet me i texted you both days and you said you couldn't and what are you talking about on the 90 gallon i think you have me mistaken. Allison has the right to be mad about the meet up but AYAWS you are just making up bs. But whatever I am over it.I have flawless deals with a lot of people on here.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
TeenReefer;351282 said:
Ah the clam that shot water all over people, i like that clam he has a great personality.
Sure does. Here's an iPhone pic of it from a few days ago...still working on the photography skills. Between the 400W 20K radiums and the actinic LED strip, I still haven't gotten the color right with filters. I want to get back to my DSLR with the right filters.

AllysonP

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
ayaws;351293 said:
Sure does. Here's an iPhone pic of it from a few days ago...still working on the photography skills. Between the 400W 20K radiums and the actinic LED strip, I still haven't gotten the color right with filters. I want to get back to my DSLR with the right filters.

Looks good, can you adjust white balance on your camera