aquariumguy48

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, that was an iPhone 6+ using Seth's recommended ebay filter guy so I don't know. My DSLR is a Nikon D7000 and most of my photography of the tank is with my 24-70mm F2.8 or my 50mm prime F1.4. I can for sure adjust WB on the camera and am looking at dropping the $ on a 60mm macro lens. A buddy has one that I might just borrow to see how it goes. That and my toddler son broke my tripod so I need another.

I got 99 problems and the tank ain't one.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have one you recommend? I've considered the ikelite for my camera $1800 + a lens port $600 since I would like to take it diving. Then again pretty much everyone I've ever known who has taken their DSLR diving has flooded it at some point. $2400 for case + $1200 camera body + $3000 lens = too much pucker factor for me.

Maybe I should get a cheaper point-and-shoot with a case...

NightHawk

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
My friend on instagram makes these cases for iPhones called Reefproofs for like 60$ from what i have seen they work EXTREMELY well and they come with a "Keep it Salty" sticker for the back. They make for cool underwater videos too. I need to find something that will let me take pics of my tank and not just look extremely blue.

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
ayaws;351301 said:
Have one you recommend? I've considered the ikelite for my camera $1800 + a lens port $600 since I would like to take it diving. Then again pretty much everyone I've ever known who has taken their DSLR diving has flooded it at some point. $2400 for case + $1200 camera body + $3000 lens = too much pucker factor for me.

Maybe I should get a cheaper point-and-shoot with a case...
If you are thinking about spending some serious coin on the camera why not look at Sony DSC RX1?

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I already have the camera and a bunch of glass, just trying to figure out how to take aquarium photos. That's Sony looks nice though!

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
ayaws;351309 said:
I already have the camera and a bunch of glass, just trying to figure out how to take aquarium photos. That's Sony looks nice though!
Oh I see. I though you were looking at getting everything all together. I love the RX1, by far the best camera I've ever used. Still learning how to use it right though.

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Its funny ive been in the hobby like 3 years now, and im the last person that uses a camera. But Im finding the urge to sink some money in a nice camera and start learning, lol. I need more money!

tomtom2245

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I bit the bullet and bought the full Ikelite setup for my Sony DSLR including two ports and a strobe and man was it worth every penny. I will agree, there was a MAJOR pucker factor the first time I took it diving. And yes, I have flooded it once, but only because some bonehead threw an O2 buddy bottle in the camera only wash bin after a dive. I have since bought the accident forgiveness plans to cover anything that I will be taking into the water. The cases work great, are built solid, and if you take the time to properly care for them, won't give you any problems at all.