1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Archit's Colorado build!

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by Archit, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Don't forget to pee in it.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Archit

Archit Copepod Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

pfftt, pee is old school ... pretty annoyed with the guys I hired to build the stands ... they were supposed to deliver them this weekend but they didn't ... feel like I keep hitting a snag after snag with this build ... ugh.

3. SUS

SUS Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

It wouldn’t be a proper build without snags right?

Gonna be epic when it’s running. Can’t wait to see it come together

Dr.DiSilicate likes this.
  4. Archit

true dat! I can't wait either! I need to start making some video reviews of the equipment we'll be using as well.

Here's the equipment list so far:

System 1 (already running): WaterBox 100.3
    --- Orphek Atlantik V4 (lighting)
    --- Simplicity 240 (skimmer)
    --- Jebao DC 5000 (return pump)
    --- Not a 100% sure on final powerheads; right now running a single CoralBox QP-9 and seems to be plenty of flow in the tank, but will probably install and review CoralBox RN pump here too.

System 2: 275g tank (7' x 30" x 25")
    --- Orphek Atlantik V4 (lighting) (maybe additional Orphek OR bars to hit the blues (yes, I love my blues!) in the front of the tank where my LPS will be chilling)
    --- Deltec SC2560 (skimmer)
    --- Tunze 9430 (skimmer) (yes, this bad boy is going to have 2 skimmers )
    --- Jebao DC 10000 (return pump)
    --- Multiple CoralBox QP series powerheads

System 3: 3 x (8' x 30" x 10") frag tanks
    --- Orphek OR bars (lighting) (plus maybe T5 retrofit kits in-case I feel the need)
    --- Nyos Quantum 300 (skimmer)
    --- Jebao DC 5000 / 10000 return pump
    --- A combination of Jebao CP-150 and CoralBox QP series powerheads

System 4: 1 x (8' x 30" x 10") frag tank (incoming shipment holding / monitoring tank -- plan is for this tank to hold all in-coming shipments, take care of any pests that escape the dip as well as any algae, and then move the corals to above growout / for sale system)
    --- Orphek Ocean (lighting)
    --- Probably another Simplicity skimmer, if any at all.
    --- Jebao DC 5000 return pump
    --- A combination of Jebao CP-150 and CoralBox QP series powerheads

Have not yet finalized on whether I'll be doing Ca reactors or dosing pumps yet -- probably Ca reactor + doser on System 2 and System 3 since they'll be the ones primarily loaded with corals long term. The WaterBox 100.3 is going to have easier corals probably, and System 4 is going to have heavy turn around so really no real coral "growth" in there to justify setting up dosing.

They're all going to have Carbon reactors, and probably some sort of algae reactor/scrubber as well.

5. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Sounds insane! Looking forward to seeing the progress with the Orphek lights.

6. Archit

Best father's day ever!!!

20180617_183549.jpg 20180617_161641.jpg 20180617_161630.jpg

SynDen likes this.
  7. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

great progress!

8. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Looks great!

9. Pth03001

Pth03001 Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Hey Archit, it all looks great! How goes the battle though, any new updates?

10. Archit

Thank you!

The day job got a bit too busy so a lot slower progress than I had hoped, BUT finally made some good progress last weekend :) I always have the hardest time coming up with the solution to hang lights, and after around 20 home depot trips, a lot of drawings and back and forth, we came up with a design that I'm finally happy with. Did the hard part last weekend, and going to be hanging all the lights this week; I'll take some pics when I'm done :)

- Archit