ATO Tank Slime

I have an ATO tank that gets a type of an algae or "slime" in the tank, does anybody else ever had this problem? I clean it now and then but I am wondering if there is a better way of taking care of it.

The tank gets no light and only has a pump in it, there is no circulation in the tank (which might be a problem) and it gets filled with ro/di freshwater

Thanks,
Matt

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
you could put a small pump to keep the water circulating which will slow down the rate that it slimes the walls.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mine does the same. Dont think it harms anything. I clean in every 4-5 months

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a small pump in my ATO tank, and it's all black and covered unless I'm filling it. I clean all of my freshwater holding tanks once a month with a little bleach water, and I also clean my lifter pump and tubing.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;213104 said:
I have a small pump in my ATO tank, and it's all black and covered unless I'm filling it. I clean all of my freshwater holding tanks once a month with a little bleach water, and I also clean my lifter pump and tubing.
Is that necessary?

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I find it is... Otherwise it grows the slimy algae they're talking about. And since I'm already fighting every other algae in my tank I don't want to add to that list...