1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Aurora Quest 450 Gallon Classroom Tank

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by MuralReef, Jun 15, 2018.

1. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Thought about it but no.

2. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

I have never had the heart to tell Andrew on one of his own threads, but pee has no ammonia, just urea and according to Dr. Holmes-Farley, it will do nothing to accelerate a cycle without the urease bacteria to convert the urea into ammonia or ammonium... which if the tank had urease already, they would be able to handle ammonia and no pee would be needed. Don't tell Andrew - I fear that his head may explode if he found out... :(

3. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

It’s okay it’s like his super hero catch phrase!

SkyShark and TheRealChrisBrown like this.
  4. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

5. MuralReef

I wouldn’t recommend these big guys in a tank this size but it’ll do for now. I’ll try to get a better pic later. IMG_2619.JPG IMG_1381.JPG IMG_2621.JPG IMG_1379.JPG

6. MuralReef

7. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

I have about 600g acrylic tank in my garage that you can borrow if you want. It fits in the back of a regular bed pickup. :)

SynDen likes this.
  8. MuralReef

That’d be funny. Put them in a bigger tank than what they normally live in. Then I’d never bring them back to school.

9. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

10. MuralReef

They are and they seem to be okay. Definitely skittish but they’ll be fine once they settle in.

Dr.DiSilicate likes this.
  11. MuralReef

IMG_2628.JPG IMG_2626.JPG
    Back to strutting his stuff.

jda123 and Haddonisreef like this.
  12. MuralReef

60790656102__C1A2A0E0-B92A-4FB5-BBC1-AE1A2212E6B4.JPG

SynDen likes this.
  13. halmus

halmus Sardine Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

Maybe throw a car tire or 50 gallon barrel in there so they have something to hide in?

Those things are huge!

14. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

How are things doing? Any word on the school
    tanks?

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

15. MuralReef

Got a video clip from the daycare yesterday on the library and things are looking good. I have no clue about the classroom and haven’t heard if I will be able to get in to check on things.

SkyShark likes this.
  16. MuralReef

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Spent some time at school yesterday and the classroom tank almost looks great. Since I’ve been gone the majanos have taken over. They are out of control. I am not sure how I want to move forward on these. The clam has grown a ton and I have more BTAs and Shermans than I know what to do with. The nepthia is also looking awesome. Thoughts on majano control?

17. scchase

scchase Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Get another angel

18. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

My file fish loved my majano!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

19. MuralReef

Mine never touched them and got chased out of the tank by the wrasse. He’s found a new home in the library.

20. MuralReef

What kind?