1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Aurora Quest 450 Gallon Classroom Tank

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by MuralReef, Jun 15, 2018.

1. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I still have all of the rock with coral in with the fish. I’ll be watching for the cycle. In addition to all of the new sand I also added a number of bags of live sand. All of the rock is and has been kept alive so there shouldn’t be too many issues.

2. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

It was looking good when I left this afternoon. I could see through it by the time I left. It wasn’t clear but it was progress!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

3. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Did you put the marine pure blocks back in?

4. MuralReef

Two of them are in there already, but one is still in with the fish and coral.

SkyShark likes this.
  5. MuralReef

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Just the T-5’s, but the water is clear and looking good. I’ve got to get my ATO set up and maybe the Apex.

Lmmchops likes this.
  6. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Looking nice!

MuralReef likes this.
  7. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Oh ya!

MuralReef and TheRealChrisBrown like this.
  8. MuralReef

Fish and coral made the transfer today and so far so good! Here is the view from my desk. I still have a lot of cleaning to do. IMG_3055.JPG

SynDen likes this.
  9. MuralReef

So I lost three fish my blue hippo tang, naso tang, and my flame angel. Everyone else made it. Now I need basic coral colonies. I would like some simple ones like pocillopora and birdsnest. I would also like some easy and fast growing plating montipora.

SynDen likes this.
  10. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Ill bet the fish are happy to be in their new home. I can likely still get a decent chunk of idaho grape monti, and a slimer if you want them

11. MuralReef

That would be cool! Should probably let things settle down for a week or two and make sure I don't have a minicycle though.

SynDen likes this.
  12. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Looks great Mike!

MuralReef likes this.
  13. halmus

halmus Prawn Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

I forget his name....Shaquille the eel? How does it like the new home? Tank looks great.

MuralReef likes this.
  14. MuralReef

Shaquille O’Eel seemed pretty happy and now you can see him all the time not just when he comes out to eat!

15. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

I can donate a massive chunk of purple stylo if you want Mike. I got it from you quite awhile ago anyways :p

MuralReef likes this.
  16. MuralReef

That would be awesome!

17. MuralReef

Couple of new additions today! Two nice sized tangs! A male Naso and Vlamingi. The Vlamingi is probably a good 15” and I’d say the Naso is 7-8”. Vlamingi is a big baby and would hide every time I came near the tank. [​IMG][​IMG]

kchristensen8064 and SkyShark like this.
  18. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Do you like clams? There's a big clam at The Fish Crew that they're selling for I think $175. It could use a nice big home like your tank. IMG_20180708_130008_HDR.jpg

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  19. larryl

larryl Copepod

Hey Mike -

I have some overgrown Monti caps that are desperately in need of fragging, you're welcome to grab some big chunks if you are ever in the area and want to stop by - I'm in central Denver near City Park and the zoo.

Larry

neon-green-monti.jpg slow-burn-monti.jpg

20. MuralReef

That sounds great Larry! I won’t be able to this weekend but maybe next weekend.