1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Aurora Quest 450 Gallon Classroom Tank

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by MuralReef, Jun 15, 2018.

1. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I’m on the fence about getting a clam. I really want one but some of the fish I’d like to get may not work with a clam.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

kchristensen8064 likes this.
  2. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

Hey Mike,

Let me know if you come down too so I can toss you some things if interested too.

MuralReef likes this.
  3. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I will!

4. MuralReef

Holy cow that fish is huge! I’ve kept fish and reefs for over 30 years and this is the biggest fish I’ve ever had. I think he is awesome!

5. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Better feed him! I think that world wide corals feeds every hour on the hour that they are open.

6. Lmmchops

Lmmchops Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

MuralReef likes this.
  7. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

We need a veggi role like toilet paper for these tangs there used to grazing all day. Great looking agldditions!

MuralReef likes this.
  8. MuralReef

SynDen and kchristensen8064 like this.
  9. Ambrosio Aquatics

Ambrosio Aquatics Tuna Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

is he getting his cool blue on is face?

10. MuralReef

He does until he gets scared again. I dropped a few more fish in today and he wasn’t too excited about the change. He was fine by the time I left though.

11. MuralReef

Parameters appear to be stable. I haven't actually taken the time to test the water, but all of the SPS that was introduced a couple of weeks ago are looking good and are showing signs of growth. If you guys offered to share some of your corals I may be able to find some time to meet up.

12. MuralReef

Clownfish laid eggs the whole last period of school today. IMG_3121.JPG IMG_3119.JPG IMG_3119.JPG

13. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

Let me know and ill toss you what i can. Purple Stylo, chunky blue voodoo, teal poccii

MuralReef likes this.
  14. MuralReef

Sounds great! I’m not around this weekend but will be next weekend.

Bdk1786 likes this.
  15. mebeknob

mebeknob Copepod

Are the pictures upside down or did the clown lay them like that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. MuralReef

That's how she was laying them! The kids either thought it was super cool or gross!

mebeknob likes this.
  17. MuralReef

18. MuralReef

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  19. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Everything looks great Mike!

MuralReef likes this.
  20. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

The new tank is looking great!

MuralReef likes this.