Balz3352's 'Convinced Her' Basement Sump/Fish Room

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well update fts

Tried to get a bunch done before my baby came but she decided to ckme about 3 weeks early. Been really busy. But I have made some progress.
I could not keep my alkalinity up with just my kalkwasser reactor so I added a calcium reactor run via the masterflex system.
Corals could not look happier. Here is some pics of stuff i have added and are encrusting well.
I also added 5 tangs i quarantined for a long time I got from AA.

Next step more fish and lots more frags and let it grow.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Nice, really coming along. I'm planning on using masterflex for my tank at some point too. Where you get yours?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Gotcha, ya I looked some on ebay, havent committed to buying any yet, was hoping that you would have some 'in' with the hospital ;)
Ya I am also planning to use only masterflex pumps on anything that is critical to the stability of the tank, like alk and calc :) Still debating on going the dutch route, for a zero water change system, and that will require like 3-5 masterflex pumps for dosing

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;673037 said:
Gotcha, ya I looked some on ebay, havent committed to buying any yet, was hoping that you would have some 'in' with the hospital ;)
Ya I am also planning to use only masterflex pumps on anything that is critical to the stability of the tank, like alk and calc :) Still debating on going the dutch route, for a zero water change system, and that will require like 3-5 masterflex pumps for dosing
I have a couple I bought but ended up with a brushless unit. Others are loud. But if you could put up with the noise brushed units are not bad. Ive thought about doing auto waterchange but I just do minimal changes anyway so decided otherwise.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you do decide to do auto WC you're better off with a DOS anyway unless you don't have an apex.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
As requested here is the basement fish room

Highlights
100 gallon sump with reeflo hammerhead return
Mangroves for macro (cheato died a bit ago)
Lifereef skimmer
50 gallon stock frag tank
Calcium reactor dual chamber run with a masterflex
Qt side with 40b up and running with some chromis and a cleaner wrasse inside.
2 55g drums for salt and fresh.
Sink (best addition to the fish room)