Best calcium reactor

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I'm thinking of upgrading my 20 year old KrR rector. It's really hard to keep dialed in and leaks co2 as well as water. What reactors are really good, easy to fill wit media and reliable. Not looking to cheep it out. I want to keep it for a long time. I have a 185 gallon sps dominated tank with big coral.

Any suggestions will be appreciated! I haven't shipped for one of these things in a looooong time.

I have a great aquarium plants regular so good on that front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris_W

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've been using a Geo 6x24 with success. I think premium aquatics has packages for sale.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I run reef octopus, i know u have the Carbon doser regulator (best on the market) as long as it can handle your demand and a possible upgrade in the future! :) Most of the brand name ones I'm sure are close in ability.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Love my MRC, but IMO the biggest improvements are duel chambers which better utilizes CO2 and a good feeder pump ideally some sort of peristaltic.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Balz3352;655535 said:
Check this out. A way to run the reactor more effectively peristaltic. (scchase)... Most agree mrc is the best.

I found the thread thanks to Walter White

[video]http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2368618[/video]
Agreed! I do think a decent reactor is my 1st order of business. Leaning toward geo reef or MRC. Aqua max looks good and a bit cheaper but no one I know has one. MRC uses the best circulation pump.

Also, anyone use the vertex? It's $60 more but looks really really solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aquarius

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've got the vertex, not using it yet but it's a solid unit built like a tank and has some nice features MRC doesn't offer in the way the secondary chamber can be utilized. I also have the MRC and have no complaints it's a solid reactor.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use Korallin... lets you know if you have too much CO2 going in there with the pump and inlet on top.

Anything with reverse flow and an ehiem pump will do pretty well.