Best Store?

Hi freshwater people! I'm new to the Denver area and wanted to know what the best stores for Tropical Fish are in the Lakewood Aurora or NorthEast Denver area are. Much appreciated thank you

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
For freshwater, probably the fish den in northwest Denver.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
The Fish Crew is Fort Collins has a good selection as well. There is a place in boulder as well.

New here, but not new to the hobby. I only buy my freshwater denizens from "About Fish" on 72nd/Federal. Fish "Cyano" Den has been off my list for quite a long time. Every time I went in there, I would cringe at the husbandry. (Especially on the Salt side), but if one side is bad...

Casey;677114 said:
New here, but not new to the hobby. I only buy my freshwater denizens from "About Fish" on 72nd/Federal. Fish "Cyano" Den has been off my list for quite a long time. Every time I went in there, I would cringe at the husbandry. (Especially on the Salt side), but if one side is bad...
I agree with the premis. The store is in rough shape but I can tell you from personal experience that whenever I have purchased any type of fish from them, and its been 30 years of shopping there, I have rarely lost livestock. I cant say that about some of the others. Looks can be deceiving. I happen to agree with you on some of the care though. The two gay guys who own that place are two of the most knowledgeable and nicest guys you will meet.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Completely agreed on that, their fish are really healthy I stocked my tank with fish from there and not a single death or problem with them. Now if this store got an overhaul and was made a bit more appealing to the eye they'd be booming with business. Owners are incredibly smart and won't try to sell you fish just to make a quick buck.

timnem70;n677115 said:
I agree with the premis. The store is in rough shape but I can tell you from personal experience that whenever I have purchased any type of fish from them, and its been 30 years of shopping there, I have rarely lost livestock. I cant say that about some of the others. Looks can be deceiving. I happen to agree with you on some of the care though. The two gay guys who own that place are two of the most knowledgeable and nicest guys you will meet.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What kind of corals? Some do them OK with the "easy" stuff.

If you are down south, Aquatic Art is the best. Up north, go and see Gonzo. They are some of the few who keep the coral like they are going to keep them and not have a few Kessils (or whatever) way up high covering too much ground and they are starving the whole time that they are in the shop.