Best way to attach macros?

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
So during a water change I knocked some of my nemastoma off its rock. It's a decently big piece for my tank, and I'd like to just attach it somewhere else and let it keep growing. I threw it in my fuge for now.

How do you guys attach macros to rock? I see a lot of people use putty, but I'm not sure if there's one particular kind that is best. So I'm turning to you macro experts. :) Hit me up to links of your favorite products, if you've got one

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I like the sand which between two small pieces of rock rubble, then wrap with a rubber band method myself :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Refugium?
I have some dragons tongue that I superglued to a piece of rubble and then stuck onto a piece of rock. When it gets too big I just move the rubble to a different spot. I also have some sandwiched between rocks, and others that I let free float. The overflow has been a good spot for growth for me on some of my macros but I have to trim it back quite often so it doesn't clog.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Seems too cool to stick in the fuge long term.

Here's the piece:

It's escaped the rubber band twice, though that may also be because I don't have great rubble to attach it to. And the clowns like to pick at anything in the tank. It's a slippery little sucker

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I have a frag plug I can give you tomorrow that you can attach it to.