Beware of scammers

bush8984

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I know it comes with humanity and happens more than is made public. But people know these guts are out there and we see it in there continual threads to sell the same thing over and over regardless how many times they are called out. Recent for sale threads have been posted with items many of us know were obtained for free. Especially when it was received at a fundraiser meeting in loveland!! Same person also gets people to give then or sell to them corals and then a week or two later, something comes up and they have to sell. Not to many people speak up about this here, but enough did on scmas that this person was handled accordingly. I encourage everyone to.speak up when situations like thus occur so we.can keep the riff-raff or of or organization. They only cloud this club with their crap. To keep things somewhat civilized i won't blast names until called for. But anyone can feel free to pm or text me at 2102757520 if they gave any questions our comments. Or post here and I'll answer any you may have.

Jonathan

bush8984;223187 said:
I know it comes with humanity and happens more than is made public. But people know these guts are out there and we see it in there continual threads to sell the same thing over and over regardless how many times they are called out. Recent for sale threads have been posted with items many of us know were obtained for free. Especially when it was received at a fundraiser meeting in loveland!! Same person also gets people to give then or sell to them corals and then a week or two later, something comes up and they have to sell. Not to many people speak up about this here, but enough did on scmas that this person was handled accordingly. I encourage everyone to.speak up when situations like thus occur so we.can keep the riff-raff or of or organization. They only cloud this club with their crap. To keep things somewhat civilized i won't blast names until called for. But anyone can feel free to pm or text me at 2102757520 if they gave any questions our comments. Or post here and I'll answer any you may have.

Jonathan

Good thing is that people like that usually end up putting their tail between their legs; fit as much as they can in their car and run home to mom.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Oh, was it someone here as well???

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
And a lot of people were suckered into giving free things to same person

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
Yes

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I missed it, Ill skim through and see if I can find it.

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would like to mention one thing to everyone here in the group. There appers to be quite a few people that have had an issue with the person in question. However, I don't believe they informed the BOD of these same issues. MASC has a very strong BOD and I am positive they would have stepped in if they received the public outcry that is now just coming to light.

I am not a member of the baord, but I believe that they are here to promote a healthy and fun group that helps one another. If I were on the BOD then I would want to hear from the members if somoenn in the group were abusing what this group stands is about.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

The problem is when the person gets brought out into the light the board closes the thread and the someone doesn't get to see who is being shady but at least the forum still looks like rainbows and flowers and NEVER had a bad apple among it.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

Well I got screwed by said person I purchased "live rock that has had a heater and flow on it" when I got it home the water was in the 40's there's no way it would drop around 40 degrees from a trip from Colorado Springs to Castle Rock so thanks for the "dead rock"

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

ReefCheif;223463 said:
I missed it, Ill skim through and see if I can find it.
The post has been closed so it will be harder to find but if I can find it I will post the link on here.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

And they are still on here being allowed to sell stuff?

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
I gave him some frag donuts, did those get sold to anybody?

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
The board is just now discussing this issue sorry for the delay. Please refrain from further comment at this time but till a final decision is made his thread will be closed pending a thorough review.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

scchase;223491 said:
The board is just now discussing this issue sorry for the delay. Please refrain from further comment at this time but till a final decision is made his thread will be closed pending a thorough review.
Thanks guys!

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

I do ask a favor of the board if said person is banned can we leave this thread open and not close it so it gets buried so that other people know that if they act shady it will come out and that we as a forum like to be notified of shady dealings so we can make our own opinion to deal with said shady person, so some people are not blind sided by a person when something could have been posted about this person to warn the next person.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

One thing I'd like to say is bring a problem to a board members attention as soon as possible! We have ways of contacting each other at all times, and before we can take action, we have to come to a consensus! So the sooner were involved, the sooner we can take action. We will always explain to the poster and anyone else involved why we came to the decision we came to.