Bhergia Nudibranch Group buy interest?

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
This would be more to save shipping. The 2 I got locally were a disaster but I may want to try again. Best deal seems to be from Salty Underground. They have 1/4 inch Bhergs for $10, 9.50 with 20+ ordered. 1/2 incher's are 17, getting cheaper with more purchased. Then some jumbo ones for 22.

Shipping to my area code was $35.

Seeing if there's a bunch of people that might be interested to cut out the shipping for the most part. I could receive them or if there's someone involved that is more centrally located in Denver (or even better a storefront that would be willing to receive and hold.)

Any interest and anyone that would prefer to play shipping receiver?

I have got 20 for $150 shipped from this guy twice. The second shipment was just a couple of months ago).
Jeremy Linzmaier - New Life Aquatics
Newlifeaquatics.com

(715) 305-4889

newlifeaquatics@hotmail.com

Both times the transaction was great. Communication was good and shipping was good (insulated, hot/cold packs) He ships them in the little specimen cups. Some advice for you on berghia-
Wrasses and pseudochromis will eat them if they cath them. Bristle worms, mini brittle starfish and copepods will eat their egg sacs. You need a healthy population supply for them to work and to maximize your investment. Set up two ten gallon tanks with heaters and an air pump. do a water change on your main system and use the tank water if you can. Get some aiptasia from your main tank and put them in one of the tanks with just water. no substrate or anything. **** those aiptasia off (make them eject their plenum) and feed them every day. The other tank needs something for the berghia to lay eggs on. Egg crate or light diffuser works good. Scrape aiptasia from your aiptasia farm with a razorblade and feed the berghia several times per week. When you have a good berghia population start transfering them in groups to your tank. Leave some adults in the berghia tank to keep laying eggs. I know this all sounds like a PITA but if you just throw them on your live rock with all the other critters they will not thrive. They to easy of food source. I learned this all the hard way twice. I have ordered berghia three separate times. Anyway... Email Jeremy. He is super cool and his deal is the best.

Joe

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I Actually like this idea. Especially if someone wanted to split the Bhergs 50/50.

I've got one 10g free when my new tank is up. Then I have a 9g nano. Think the inlets/filtration back would get clogged w/ nudi's crawling in and dying I imagine? I may have a free 30. Which I could use to directly put rocks with coral/aiptasia in to be cleaned.

I know others have dealt with this problem at times and looked for them. Sounds great if I can keep a farm going and have them available.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've tried them before, and never seemed to do anything. Used lemon juice/aptasia X for better and cheaper results.