Biocube refugium

I using the middle chamber of my biocube as a refugium i just wanted to know if anyone else was and if so how long are they leaving the light on the refugium right now i have it coming on when the tank lights go to night lighing. My Phosphate are a little high and I wanted to know running the light longer would help see i have some Chaetomorpha Algae in my refugium was thinking if light was on long maybe to would pull more phosphates from the water.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Dont think changing the light would make that much difference in phos numbers, i could be wrong though. However changing the light will affect ph numbers, if you just have cheato in it a reverse of the dt lighting cycle is ideal. Doing this will keep your ph from fluctuating during the night and day.

+1

bfsbiocube

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have the same tank and run a refugium in the middle chamber, and had similar phosphate issues. I added a reactor to chamber 3.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Talk to Kris aka thunder twonk. He built a nice fife light with red leds for his biocube

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Although it wont help phos numbers a ton, you could always have them kick on an hour before lights out and turn off an hour after lights on. Macros grow the best under 12-14 hours of light.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house. -robert heinlein

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Typo 12-18

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house. -robert heinlein

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I run a fuge in my middle chamber with a 12K LED. I run the LED 16 hours a day on an opposite schedule than the display lights. No phosphate issues at all, YET, lol.