Birdsnest Bleaching! Help

Justin144

Butterfly Fish
I recently bought two colonies of Birdsnest and have had them for about 4 days now. I glued them to a rock pretty high in the tank. I noticed today theyre loosing a bit color and turning kinda white on me. Is there anyway for me to fix this?
I heard its from them producing to much zooanthelia, i recently raised my temp of my tank 4 degree to from 74 to 78. Cause???
i did a water change friday
Can anyone help me out?
tested water and everything is fine. ALK is a little low but not by much Salinity is at 1.022- 1.023 should i raise it to 1.025?
How can i fix this and bring there color back out?

I just broke the glue off and theyre on the sandbed now.. but will this even help?

Thanks for the help.

NOTE: I also bought Montipora colonies at the same time and theyre doing great.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Birdsnest Bleaching! Help

What kind of lights are you running? How far from tank surface are lights?
Temp should be 78-80 imo. Salinity should be raised over the course of several days to 1.025.

Justin144

Butterfly Fish
WatercolorsGuy;221697 said:
What kind of lights are you running? How far from tank surface are lights?
Temp should be 78-80 imo. Salinity should be raised over the course of several days to 1.025.
Im running Halides 20K 400w about 9 inches off the water. Its only the birdsnests doing this

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Put it low in the tank and slowly every week move it back up.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Birdsnests are lower light coral, under t5 I have mine mid tank. Birds of paradise birdsnest and greens like the least amount, and Ponape's will tolerate a bit more light. So move them down and all will be well!!

Justin144

Butterfly Fish
ReeferMatt;221705 said:
Birdsnests are lower light coral, under t5 I have mine mid tank. Birds of paradise birdsnest and greens like the least amount, and Ponape's will tolerate a bit more light. So move them down and all will be well!!
Ah i had thought they liked high light. So i should keep them lower near bottom? Good to know. I have both green and purple birdsnest
Thanks!!!!

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Birdsnest Bleaching! Help

I have birdsnest under 250 mh and cant raise them over half way up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
i had a similar issue that turned out to be low alk. Now my alk is in the 9-9.5 range which is kinda high for some people but things look great so I'm sticking with it.

Justin144

Butterfly Fish
Cherub;222219 said:
i had a similar issue that turned out to be low alk. Now my alk is in the 9-9.5 range which is kinda high for some people but things look great so I'm sticking with it.
yeah my alk was at 7.. a bit to low haha so i raised it up. hopefully it will help, thanks