Accidental fragging WD

I was moving stuff around today and my knuckle broke off one of 4 splits from the stubby WD frag, taking 3 polyps off. I was mad cause I just want this thing to take off and look great and here I go breaking it. I glued the 3 polyps to another rock just incase it likes a different spot. But what got me was less than 5 hours later there was a new polyp out of the broken main body. That’s some fast working coral!! It’s not even healed up all the way but both the broken off peice and the body have polyps!

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
As a side note it seems to be an encruster that then shoots up a bunch of side branches

I got mine from Scott. It has totally changed since then as he said. Encrusted and out of the stubby base, 4 baby branches shot up. I’m also getting the bright ring in the “polyp hole” and with a filter the polyps are yellow orange compared to my eye that sees a super cool yellow blue. Wish I could post pics from phone easily.

The frag prob won’t make it outside my tank, it is 3 polyps.
I’ll update if it does.

I’ll ask @ReefCheif if the 2 polyp pc rainbow or 3 polyp flamefox did from the frag swap.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Neither lasted very long honestly