Bubble tip no more???

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
They will do that sometimes. That is typically an indication that they are happy with the flow of the spot they are in, but they would prefer just a bit more light. If you have dimmable LEDs, you can set them a tad higher or lower your light closer to the water surface if you want the bubbles back.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;363625 said:
They will do that sometimes. That is typically an indication that they are happy with the flow of the spot they are in, but they would prefer just a bit more light. If you have dimmable LEDs, you can set them a tad higher or lower your light closer to the water surface if you want the bubbles back.
We are you getting this information?

Everything I have every seem on the topic of bubble tips losing their bubbles is that we as hobbyists really don't know why it happens. I am sure there is lots of anecdotal evidence out there but thats it. I have an RBTA that is nearly 20s inches across that lost its bubbles long ago and it sits directly under 500 par of MH. Id say light intensity has nothing to do with why my RBTA no longer has its bubbles.

I don't think that a slight adjustment in lighting is going to hurt anything in this case. However this specimen appears quite happy and healthy as is. Raising the light intensity is probably more likely to result in the anemone moving to another location than getting its bubbles back.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Walter White;363670 said:
We are you getting this information?

Everything I have every seem on the topic of bubble tips losing their bubbles is that we as hobbyists really don't know why it happens. I am sure there is lots of anecdotal evidence out there but thats it. I have an RBTA that is nearly 20s inches across that lost its bubbles long ago and it sits directly under 500 par of MH. Id say light intensity has nothing to do with why my RBTA no longer has its bubbles.

I don't think that a slight adjustment in lighting is going to hurt anything in this case. However this specimen appears quite happy and healthy as is. Raising the light intensity is probably more likely to result in the anemone moving to another location than getting its bubbles back.
Because I tried it on my anemone and it worked by bumping my lights from 70-85%. Then I backed off the lights back to 70% and the bubbles became less pronounced. Then I brought my intensity back up to 85% and the bubbles came back. I'm sure it doesn't work in every case, but it worked for me.