Calling in all my tank moving credit/karma. 300DD, garage to inside front door.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Alright, my stand will supposedly be available Thursday or Friday. I should be able to get that in place solo I believe, and as I'm in a rush to get this thing filled and cycled I'm hoping to get the tanks moved and in place Saturday or possibly Sunday, I'm not sure what's best for folks?

If it's too short notice I can push back.

Tank is in my garage in Frederick right off 52 and I25, going up the porch and into my room immediately to right of doorway and up onto stand. I have 2-3 suction cup grips but would gladly see a few more brought. I also have a couple wood dollies that if we wanted to be extra careful/slow could roll to the first step, then across to the door, and possibly even kinda lift directly through door onto next dolly to make this easy as possible on everyones backs.

I'd like to see at least 5 people total, though we moved it from a garage to my truck to garage on a pallet with just 4.

My house isn't as impressive to hang around in as Joshhills, but I figured I could try to do the pizza and some beers or I'd be just as happy giving everyone $20 for gas and snacks for the trip here and back.

PM/reply here, or email fitz19d@gmail.com or text 970 391 0579.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
What time were you thinking about getting this done?

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Did I text the right person? Never got a response?

Ask and you may find out, don't ask and you will never know.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks like 3 or 4pm might be good, if that works for you Irish? If fb guy and you two show i can bribe my doing brother for a fifth.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I may be available Sunday afternoon but definitely not Saturday.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think** we are almost good to go. One last volunteer to cover cancellations and make it all the easier should be plenty. Free parrot bites or hugs depending how she's feeling.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What day and time for sure? I will see if I can pop by and supervise. JK lol

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I hope to finalize by tommorow night. Powder coat is supposed to be done and back to the welder thurs or friday, but am a bit concerned they going to come up late. Already been delays. Currently goal is mid afternoon at like 3 or 4 pm ish.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, talked to welder on phone, said his powder coaters never been late before on them is why he uses them, so he gave me his firm yes that I can get it friday, so we should be good to go on saturday if I have the help.

Saturday ~between 3 to 4pm.

Stands as I understand it as
Solid:

Me
Brother
SCTIP
Work Friend (slightly iffy)
COcz -diff forum

Maybe:

Irish - Possible family conflict
Jeremy - FB Reefer (havnt heard back recently)
Vince - That time work for you? See my wall of equipment I got from ya? ;p

So basically need to try and have 1-2 more confirmed. Even if we end with 4 with the way things are setup can just slide on dolly most of way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive moved that same model tank 3 times and can say with confidence that using an Appliance Dolly is the easiest method. Upright, dolly on the back of the tank, tank protected with cardboard and a blanket takes 4-5 guys. We tried a full set of suction cups and its just awkward. They're good for lifting the tank off the dolly and placing on stand. Good luck to you all, happy move.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fortunately, just went thru it more recently with Joshhills 210 and 400g. Suprised how each tank has it's own character. His 210 seemed worse than my 210 I had, and worse than moving the 400 though we had some extra folk on that iirc.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Sounds good. I will let you know on my way down the hill.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So my awesome 36 standard front door is like 35 and 1/4...... I forget, does going in angled actually buy you a tiny bit of wiggle room? Otherwise need to figure out if I can knock out the back sliding door or a window frame in a hurry.

static reef

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
You dont need to. If your door is 35"+. All you need to do is rotate the tank. The height is 27" which will fit with no problem. Both of my 300dd fit through my front door.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gracious Father in law arrived and knocked out a window and even able to do it so it went right back in and just needs sealing.

Untold thanks to SCTIP and his friend, and Irishman. I owe you lots.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Your welcome it was actually easy to move. I love when a plan comes together.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Anyways have to get up and going so you can participate I. The next grow out.