Canister filter questions.

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
As some of you know, I recently moved out of state and had to sell the 300g. I now have a sad little 55 freshwater tank and am looking to add a canister filter to it. Tte tank will be overstocked and I want to have as much filtration on it as possible, without overdoing it, of course. I currently have 2 x Marineland Penguin 350 HOB's on the tank. I have been looking at adding a Fluval 406 or an FX4/FX6. What do you all think? I will be upgrading this system to a 75 or 90 in the next 6 months or so, so the equipment will be used on that as well. Your thoughts are appreciated.

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Balz3352;n671223 said:
Bigger the better
I would agree 100% if this were a saltwater tank, but we are talking a freshwater 55g tank that already has 700GPH flow. I worry that the output from an FX4/FX6 may throw some of the fish around, many cannot handle the same flow as ocean inhabitants. I think that I will just go with the 406, I am not sure I can even fir the FX4/FX6 in my cabinet.

I have a Marineland CS560 you can have if you wanna pay for shipping. Ive always found, other than asthetics and them being in the way of a hood, those penguin HOBs are perfectly sufficient. You can put bags of media in them(dont have to put just the regular filters in em). And for 55 or even 75 gallons of fresh water... Youre good.
Now, if you switch to salt you will get all kinds of headaches using canisters or anything other than a sump. For many many reasons.
But. Let me know if you want the canister until then

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk