1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Carpet Nem Feeding

Discussion in 'Anemones' started by MuralReef, Nov 21, 2018.

1. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

So at the swap this past weekend Matt generously donated the purple carpet nem to the school. I attempted to feed it yesterday and today but didn’t have any luck. I have been trying silversides and it will move a little but not like I have seen them move in videos. Is there a trick to this I’m missing or will it jus eat when it’s hungry and maybe it’s not hungry now?

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

2. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

3. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

I’d stay away from the silverside they can’t digest the bone. Stick to clam squid and muscles. Also what species anemone is it?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    MuralReef likes this.
  4. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

You don't have to feed them at all if you do not want. Mine like mysis. It might just need more time to get adjusted.

MuralReef likes this.
  5. rmougey

rmougey Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Hey Mike... just saw this post. My red haddoni does well on PE Mysis as well as small chunks of raw shrimp. I also use LRS Chunky. They key is to have small sized chunks, think little finger nail size and smaller. As mentioned prior, silversides are not ideal, though if you cut them into small pieces they might be OK. I feed mine twice a week on average.