Catching an engineer goby

Does anyone know of a way to catch an engineer goby without removing the rock? He's about 12'' long and is becoming a real pain in the butt. He came with this 60g tank I purchased and is constantly burying frags and I'm pretty certain he ate a clownfish. Anyone know of a good way to get him out without disrupting everything else?

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
LOL. possibly. it does seem to depend on the intelligence level of the fish you're trying to catch.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
There was a Reef Builders article last week about the various strategies to catch fish. Might be some ideas there for you.

I GOT HIM! Moved him to the refugium until I find him a new home. I ended up using a sheet of nylon stencil paper to section the tank in half, then in 1/4s then used a chopstick to scare him out from under the rocks and just scooped him up with a net. Thanks for the suggestions.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
oh yeah- you have to snatch that out of the water really fast once they get in there. They're not gonna hang out at all. For an engineer goby, you need a really long bottle (like smartwater or something similar).

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Engineer gobies are not like other gobies...
They're smarter and cooler, but they are socially awkward.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;359195 said:
Rofl

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
FinsUp!;359195 said:
+1 mine is very awkward and blind but still a great fish imo.