Chinese LEDs

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chinese LEDs

IMO, no. Doesn't help the corals grow. Actually been proven to stunt growth (red LEDs). And ppl want to add UV. UV is just as bad for corals as it is to us. Anyone who's ever swam in the ocean knows light doesn't make it to the bottom... Lol. I'd stick with the blue and whites. There is a ton of research out there, and like I said, JMO.

David

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chinese LEDs

kio707;248510 said:
IMO, no. Doesn't help the corals grow. Actually been proven to stunt growth (red LEDs). And ppl want to add UV. UV is just as bad for corals as it is to us. Anyone who's ever swam in the ocean knows light doesn't make it to the bottom... Lol. I'd stick with the blue and whites. There is a ton of research out there, and like I said, JMO.

David
While I agree that people have been doing just fine with blue and white LEDs, for some reason adding a full spectrum t-5 or MH seems to help. I don't know why, but on my next build ill have my 2 120watt 20k panels and a MH

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chinese LEDs

Out of curiosity, are there smaller LEDs that I could put two of over my 20long? Just want to see if there is a Chinese one people know of. I am having great growth with my 1:1 ratio 120w, but I feel like having say two 70w ones would be great, if they exist

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chinese LEDs

matt.radich;248542 said:
Out of curiosity, are there smaller LEDs that I could put two of over my 20long? Just want to see if there is a Chinese one people know of. I am having great growth with my 1:1 ratio 120w, but I feel like having say two 70w ones would be great, if they exist
I believe Ambrosio is selling a 75 watt panel. Look in his sponsor area.