Clam Pics Only !!!!!

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I stand corrected -- I think mine is a Crocea and not a Maxima.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Cris. I have hell telling them apart.

Whatever it is, it seems happy sitting on its piece of rock on the substrate. Looks like it might be attaching as well. Parameters are normal: dKH 8.3, Calcium 430, Mg 1425

Dosing Seachem 2-part at 55mL/day.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BrianH;350639 said:
I went to the Monterey bay aquarium two weekends ago and saw this guy!
*jealous*

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Miah2bzy;350688 said:
*jealous*
Frontier had tickets $39 each way so the girlfriend and I made and aquarium weekend. We went to Monterey Bay Aquarium one day and the Steinhart Aquarium the next! The Monterey Bay Aquarium was stunning!

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here's the clam I got from MBC at ReefEd in my tank. Still not taking great photos with the filters Seth recommended but that's mostly a practice thing.

What say you on the species here? I was thinking Crocea but it might be a maxima since it has a somewhat non-symmetrical shell. From what I've read, Croceas have a symmetrical shell.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do I count 4 clams in your picture??? Curious what you're doing/dosing to keep everyone happy.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ayaws;350851 said:
Do I count 4 clams in your picture??? Curious what you're doing/dosing to keep everyone happy.
Yea. I have a couple more in the rock work. I have a calcium reactor and drip kalkwasser

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Whelp, I killed my original maxima. It was on a rock on the bottom of my 31" deep tank under dual 400W radiums. My other clam (maybe crocea) is much higher up and much happier.

#expensivelessons