Clam ??

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Well I guess it's a wait and see game, thanks again.

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hope it pulls through for you! Like I said, I have seen clams develop the holes in the mantle that have then recovered from it, but from the pic, it also looks like the inhalent siphon may be gaping. Best of luck!
Jon

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Update:

Today the clam shifted a bit but it appears the third hole has closed and the inhalent siphon is more closed ( not gaping). The mantle is more extended now and any time a fish swims over it it retracts bit (due to shading I think).

I think we are back on track but only time will tell.

For those of you who have maxima clams are the siphons always open or do they close some times?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;55769 said:
Update:

Today the clam shifted a bit but it appears the third hole has closed and the inhalent siphon is more closed ( not gaping). The mantle is more extended now and any time a fish swims over it it retracts bit (due to shading I think).

I think we are back on track but only time will tell.

For those of you who have maxima clams are the siphons always open or do they close some times?
good news!

my clams holes close sometimes

Oceans

Cleaner Shrimp
glad to hear it is doing better. it might have attached itself to the eggcrate and gotten damage when it was removed. Anyhow, anything you buy from us will always come with a week warranty. So you will be covered...until tomorrow. If anything looks like it isnt doing well feel free to return for a full refund. We do ask for a water sample, so bring one in and buy with confidence.
JEFF

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oceans;55799 said:
glad to hear it is doing better. it might have attached itself to the eggcrate and gotten damage when it was removed. Anyhow, anything you buy from us will always come with a week warranty. So you will be covered...until tomorrow. If anything looks like it isnt doing well feel free to return for a full refund. We do ask for a water sample, so bring one in and buy with confidence.
JEFF
awesome! ...you guys are A+++

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Oceans;55799 said:
JEFF
I really think that this shows why it's great having lfs like your's around!! I think it's going to pull through and at this point I would rather "risk it".

Also when the clam jumped off the rock the first night it landed near a favia. So I'm not sure if it was stung by the favia or was just stressed but I'm not blaming anyone here. Just looking for advice.

Thanks Again Jeff!!

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The siphons generally remain open (remember not gaping but open) most of the time.

And the clam could very well have gotten stung by the favia resulting in the lesion.

Glad to hear that it is looking better, sounds like it should recover nicely!

And Jeff, thanks again for the meeting and the guarantee. Had no idea about this!
Cheers~!
Jon

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
its not mving around as much as it did before but is still moving ...stringy stuff has fallen off ...no missing legs .....crossing my fingers ...sounds like it can take a few weeks for them to die after they are doomed?

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think if your clam does heal up and lives, it would be an insperation for all of us not to give up on things like that. I think if it was my clam, I would have figured it was done for from the beginning. Keep us updated, regardless of the results.

Regarding syphen being open or close. If you ever read my thread a while back I have a clam that the inlet syphon seems to be torn down to the foot area. Its still like this but thriving. It does seem to keep this hole closed up more than my other clams, I assume becuase that hole so big.

Here is a link to that old thread: http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4878