• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry it was late and I did not prof read the poll sorry But should there be a min. post limit to be able to post a classied ad on MASC. My bad

I am going to be the first to admit that I am one that is not for this idea, but im not one to abuse the classifieds. But as of late it seems we have had people sign up just to sell stuff and that stinks. What if like other sites there was a min. post count or time to post in the classifieds. I think it should be open to buy.But not open to sell.I have had bad dealings with 2 sellers in the last week or 2 and there post count was less then 50. I have seen problems with others too and it stinks. Let me know your thoughts. I would like to hear from the mods too please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I think the issue is absolutely worth a discussion. I'd be up for something like a post count and or time limitation for posting for sale stuff. At least this would keep the riff raff out as well as making sure the people would understand the supportive atmosphere around here.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Classifieds= number of posts or time

Here's a big problem when you do that.if somebody never joined the forum, but then decides to fire sell everything at low prices they wouldn't be able to post on here and we'd all miss out on some deals.

I hear you though Mike. I feel the same way a lot.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
They should join the site than if they want to sell. They know about us! Lets do it 50 posts in order to sell. That could happen overnight realistically.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is actually being discussed within the BOD but still has some revision to be made... bare with us!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Classifieds= number of posts or time

The BOD recently voted on this topic at the last quarterly meeting 1.12.13 and it was voted down. The results are posted in the meeting minutes under MASC info.

Keep the discussions rolling though. Maybe get a poll added and I would say if we have a winning majority of the 125 badged members voting pro "50 posts" to see the for sale sections we could add the rule.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;223050 said:
The BOD recently voted on this topic at the last quarterly meeting 1.12.13 and it was voted down. The results are posted in the meeting minutes under MASC info.

Keep the discussions rolling though. Maybe get a poll added and I would say if we have a winning majority of the 125 badged members voting pro "50 posts" to see the for sale sections we could add the rule.
ask and you shall recive MR. VP

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
i vote 50 posts + membership to be able to sell. I also vote that anyone can visit the classifieds so that they may contact sellers and purchase with out a post minimum. That would benefit all members in my opinion as well as help the club gain memberships.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

cdrewferd;223013 said:
Here's a big problem when you do that.if somebody never joined the forum, but then decides to fire sell everything at low prices they wouldn't be able to post on here and we'd all miss out on some deals.

Though I'm inclined to agree...it's not like people here don't scour Craigslist. I'm sure most fire sale ads would end up in the "best of CL" thread within a day or so.

I'm all for a 50 post limit or something similar.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Why such a problem? If people want to sell us their equipment thats only benefitting us, right? They come and go just as quick, why waste the energy?

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;223077 said:
Why such a problem? If people want to sell us their equipment thats only benefitting us, right? They come and go just as quick, why waste the energy?
See the problem I have is I dont low ball masc people I always make fair offers or just pay asking price. I expect to be treated fair here. If I want to deal with craigslist type crap I will go to craigslist. I never invite a craigslister into my home to see my tanks, but I would invite somoeone in from masc. So my point is I guess I feel masc is my home and I dont feel the the common craigslist crook has a place here. But thats just how I feel and I have had some bad dealings here on masc in the last 2 weeks and I guess I just expect more (maybe I should not). But thank you for your view Reefcheif!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Isn't there something in the rules already where you can't use MASC classifieds to post ads if you're doing so for profit/as a business? It's not so much that new folks shouldn't be posting stuff for sale, but that the 'tank flippers' and others who normally use CL to generate income are muddying the waters here. Also, our sponsors provide a lot of support to the club, but don't post ads because that isn't what this club is for. A certain amount of buying and selling is to be expected, but that certainly isn't the main focus. It will soon become the main focus if we get flooded with outsiders (craigslisters and others) who don't 'get it'.

Djmm1177

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't think that post counts are going to keep club members from having a good experience or bad. U pay 20.00 your a member . I've meet most of the club sponsers on Cl over the past 6 years and the club advertises their. So I think u take a chance no matter where u are. I feel if u pay your dues your a member! i dont feel u you should have to jump through this hoop or do this before you get to do this or that" . I feel we are already controled enough in life !!!

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

cdrewferd;223013 said:

So make it like the scmas club, 25 legit meaningful post and then you can "see and the post" in the classified section. You don't see it till you have fulfilled you 25 meaningful post, period.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Djmm1177;225123 said:
I don't think that post counts are going to keep club members from having a good experience or bad. U pay 20.00 your a member . I've meet most of the club sponsers on Cl over the past 6 years and the club advertises their. So I think u take a chance no matter where u are. I feel if u pay your dues your a member! i dont feel u you should have to jump through this hoop or do this before you get to do this or that" . I feel we are already controled enough in life !!!
I'm a "paid" member too and have no issue with blocking this but then again I have been a club member since the very first meet back in 98 or 99! And the selling/garage sale/rummage store mentality threads have more than once caused problems for the club, and it is not fair to the board members to spend all their time weeding out riff raft post and poster's, when they are doing this for free and have more important issues like getting MACNA here! JMO!!!!:brick:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Classifieds= number of posts or time

I think 50 post or you pay to be a member or attend 2 meetings to sale on the forum