Clown fish

yet again I have another question. I bought a pair of clown fish male and female and they started out vary happy in my tank . the other day when I had the tops off of my tank moving around my corals the male jumped out of my tank and I didn't notice .. Unfortunately I did not find him in time to save him :( and now i am down to just the female . I would really like to have a pair of clowns in my tank . would I be better off taking the female clown out and starting over with a new pair or would it be worth trying to add one to the tank ?

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Vtec-acura;354538 said:
Do I need to get one of the same type or could I try a different kind like a snowflake
The designer strain shouldn't matter as long as it is the same species. Percula and Occelaris can be a little tricky to tell apart when they are small.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya if you add a juvi or another male you will be fine. Dont ever add another female though or you will have war in the tank.

I used to have 2 black ocilaris clowns one jumped out and I bought a smaller frostbite clown and at first they didn't get along and before I knew it they paired up swimming in the nem toghther!