1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Clownfish harem

Discussion in 'Fish' started by Dr.DiSilicate, May 18, 2020.

1. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Looks like I’m pulling the trigger. I’m breaking a lot of rules but hopefully is works. Getting 12 assorted percula. I need to catch the pair I currently have and put them in the smaller satellite tank. Pics in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

SynDen, JuanGutz, JodiI and 2 others like this.
  2. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I remember BRS did a whole video series on setting up a clown fish harem tank a few years back.

3. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I’ve watched it.i think they even updated it. This is in my reef tank so maybe a bit different?!? Picking up fish tomorrow. They’ll be in my little tank until I can catch the pair in the reef.

Haddonisreef and SkyShark like this.
  4. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

ya catching the pair in the tank ....yikes... gl lol

5. Dr.DiSilicate

Lol! Hopefully the trap works.

kchristensen8064 likes this.
  6. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

When I needed to catch a few chromis, I had a lot of luck with the smallest fly at the tackle shop I could find.

7. Dr.DiSilicate

I’m not going as high end as this but, the colony idea is really cool.

8. neil82

neil82 Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

I've had pretty good luck catching clowns by just putting food in the tank. Like some flake food that stays on the surface.

Dr.DiSilicate likes this.