Cool fossils

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Did you find those or buy them? I've always wanted to find some cool ones, but don't know where to start.

MuralReef;670687 said:
Did you find those or buy them? I've always wanted to find some cool ones, but don't know where to start.
I have a few rocks you can work through to find some I may be willing to part with... There are usually shark teeth and other misc shells in them I'll post a pic later... My kids love to get it their hammers, chisel, and brushes and go through the rocks collecting whatever they find... Unless you're looking to discover your own rocks too.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
maxthedog2000;670688 said:
I have a few rocks you can work through to find some I may be willing to part with... There are usually shark teeth and other misc shells in them I'll post a pic later... My kids love to get it their hammers, chisel, and brushes and go through the rocks collecting whatever they find... Unless you're looking to discover your own rocks too.

I was asking more to try to find good place to hunt this summer.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I have a few fossils around, fish and trilobytes mostly, used to have a bunch more, but used to go hunt them in the badlands of South Dakota with some family friends who are paleontologists. Used to find Sabertooths and prehistoric rhinos up there.
Most places with decent fossils are closed to the public, but there are some that are open and there are a few around Colorado if you dont mind a long drive.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/50997/10-states-fossil-hunting-sites-public

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
maxthedog2000;670731 said:
It's a drive but pm me and I can let you know where I collect them.

Pm sent