Copepods-BACK IN STOCK-LIMITED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Copepods-BACK IN STOCK-LIMITED!!

Hopefully hes playing romantic muzic to fill everyone's needs....

Sent from my C771

Sorry everyone! I didnt mean to go AWOL but school has been rather testing lately. I'm working in 2 research labs and I was running a club but thankfully the competition for it ended last weekend. On top of that I'm on a engineering job search for something in Colorado while trying to finish up my capstone project. It is literally a sprint to the finish right now. I don't plan to abandon you all as the support I've received here is rather amazing.

I'll have to establish some new cultures as I've lost several; however, I won't be doing too much with Algae Barn until May (finals and hopefully graduation!) but I have stockpiled some equipment which will allow me to ensure greater quality, more consistency and hopefully larger batches. I will try and keep everyone a little more updated and I'm sorry for the news.

Unfortunately Andrew, I don't have anything in stock at the moment. I hope I can find some time before May to purchase some starter cultures(atleast algae) so that I have things in stock by mid-May. I've also invested in some microcontrollers to try and help me maintain a higher quality product when things get a running.

I'm sorry to disappoint so many people. I thought I would have more time for this business but I underestimated time commitments and overestimated my efficiency. I will be continuing this venture in May and regain the confidence of the people of MASC through excellent products and service.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Copepods-BACK IN STOCK-LIMITED!!

AlgaeBarn;241363 said:
I'm sorry to disappoint so many people. I thought I would have more time for this business but I underestimated time commitments and overestimated my efficiency. I will be continuing this venture in May and regain the confidence of the people of MASC through excellent products and service.
I am going to get some pods when you got them in again!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Stzim

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Copepods-BACK IN STOCK-LIMITED!!

I will take two as well !
Only question is where to get them in the mean time.... My formally fat mandarin is starting to look hungry.

Looking forward to your return Sean

I small update everyone, I have started a 5 gallon culture of tetraselmis and I am in the process of scaling up my nannochloropsis culture. Once I have my nannochloropsis culture scaled up, I will go ahead and order some copepods and more strains of phyto (I'm thinking R. Lens, T. Iso, maybe Pavlova)

I innoculated another 5 gallon culture with a gallon of Nannochloropsis. The tetraselmis culture is coming along, a little slower than expected but the density has been increasing. I'll be starting a tigriopus californicus culture this week and, depending on finances, the week after I'll be ordering 2 strains of algae, rotifers, and 2 more strains of copepods!!

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
AlgaeBarn;244907 said:
I innoculated another 5 gallon culture with a gallon of Nannochloropsis. The tetraselmis culture is coming along, a little slower than expected but the density has been increasing. I'll be starting a tigriopus californicus culture this week and, depending on finances, the week after I'll be ordering 2 strains of algae, rotifers, and 2 more strains of copepods!!
Good to hear.

15 Gallons of phytoplankton going! Unfortunately, some of the air pumps I picked up (80W each, they make lovely bubbles) make way to much noise. Looks like I'll either have to get a place with a basement or rent a small warehouse to run those pumps. I have restarted my tigriopus culture and I have also started two cultures from an assortment of copepods from my aquarium. The fish have been eating them rather enthusiastically so I pretty much just need to give it some time and I'll have cultures soon!

-Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.